about this warning slip they put in the DR tite-fit string package its like prevent dead strings, Avoid loss of intonation. anyone read this i'm so confused oh my gosh taking hours to do this and i may not even do it right, but i cant afford paying $50 to get my floyd roses restrung so i want to do it myself any further help is much appreciated!!

It says something about anchor and without the anchor the string is likely to unwind, go "Dead" and fail to intonate properly. I am having difficulty knowing how to put the strings through the machine head and slacken it enough so that it winds properly around the machine head, please any help is appreciated ive been wasting hours trying to do this myself as stated above its not worth the money putting out to get someone else to do it.
"
Every band that is favored in the genre sells-out and commercializes... That's just the way it is :/"

ESP SV standard
Ibanez RG7321
Slow down dude, calm yourself.

Think slowly and try actually asking a question now, I can barely make any sense of your post.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
well I'm guessing you guys don't use DR tite-fits, the name of the string is in the post. I am asking about the little piece of paper warning they put into the box of the set of strings. On the peice of paper it writes: that the strings have to somehow be "anchored" so it may wind and tighten around the machine head and keep the intonation in tune. I would show a picture but I unfortunatly do not know how to get the URL address from photos. But any help please I found this though it has pictures on here

http://bolesblues.com/2010/01/09/dr-tite-fit-review-strings-from-the-nagging-nanny-state/

But it doesn't explain how to do it, it's just some person whining about DR strings.
"
Every band that is favored in the genre sells-out and commercializes... That's just the way it is :/"

ESP SV standard
Ibanez RG7321
On an FR the machine head won't really have much influence on tuning stability/intonation seeing as it's locked off at the nut. I'd ignore the warnings. Restring one at a time and cross tune as per the million and one guides out there for restringing FR style bridges.
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212
Quote by monobrow7
well I'm guessing you guys don't use DR tite-fits, the name of the string is in the post. I am asking about the little piece of paper warning they put into the box of the set of strings. On the peice of paper it writes: that the strings have to somehow be "anchored" so it may wind and tighten around the machine head and keep the intonation in tune. I would show a picture but I unfortunatly do not know how to get the URL address from photos. But any help please I found this though it has pictures on here

http://bolesblues.com/2010/01/09/dr-tite-fit-review-strings-from-the-nagging-nanny-state/

But it doesn't explain how to do it, it's just some person whining about DR strings.
Whoever wrote that article needs to be hit by a truck. Just sayin...
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Monobrow: I've played DR's exclusively for about 4 years now, I know the little slip of paper you're talking about. Just ignore it and don't worry about it, I've never worried about crimping the core wire and whatever else they talk about. Just string your guitar up like you would with any other set of strings. I've had these on Floyd'd guitars plenty of times without any problems.

UG: DR's used to come with a slip of paper warning about how their core wire can come loose from the wraps. Nowadays they put the warning on the print inside the box. They instruct you to bend/crimp the string so the wrap wire can "bite" into the core wind. Honestly it's really pointless and not necessary, I've never noticed a difference in sound or string life between their method and just throwing 'em on the guitar.

And the author in the link is beyond ridiculous.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Yup, DRs have warnings galore on the inside that I didn't know about until you pointed it out. I've been using them ever since I first tried them, so about 8 months or so. Also that guy reviewing them sounds like such a baby. It's like he's been playing on .08's his whole life and was trying out some heavy-ish strings for the first time.