Is there an optimum temp for tubes to get the best sounds or prolong their life?
I mean will sticking your all tube head in a wardrobe in the middle of Summer and cranking it up to 'eleven' be detrimental to its life, tone etc.

Or are the tubes indifferent when it comes to higher-than-expected temperatures?
I don't think they're as sensitive as a supercar's engine where if your thermostat isn't opening at 206 you're losing power and gas mileage.

Tubes need ventilation to keep cool. Maybe they will have enough in your closet, maybe not. But if you cut your amp off from any kind of natural cooling mechanism, it will die.

Maybe I'm taking your question a little too literally.
Quote by Powerhouse
I was in a nu-metal band when I was 15. I hated the top 3 strings (G,B, and E). I wondered why guitars even had them.
Quote by cds+stereo=life
I don't think they're as sensitive as a supercar's engine where if your thermostat isn't opening at 206 you're losing power and gas mileage.

Tubes need ventilation to keep cool. Maybe they will have enough in your closet, maybe not. But if you cut your amp off from any kind of natural cooling mechanism, it will die.

Maybe I'm taking your question a little too literally.

No, no not at all, I just want to get to know a bit about the ins and outs of tubes, thanks!
Tubes are heat generating devices. As such, they need free air around them for heat transfer. Additionally, the components in your amp also need to be kept cool. A resistor's value will change as its temperature increases and decreases. An increase in temperature can cause some components to go into thermal runaway, which is bad.

Do your amp a favor. It's straight. Keep it out of the closet.

Seriously... A closet is meant for clothes, not for amps that require air to keep them cool.