i found a guitar cord that plugs into my computer and im having some trouble recording. when i first start playing it sounds great and after about 30 seconds or so the sound of the recording just starts fading away and away until u can barely hear it. any suggestions? thanks
Check your input jack, try a different cord. Otherwise, you might have a problem with your sound card, though that would surprise me if it doesn't have any trouble with any music you play or youtube or anything.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Do you have high output pickups? Cause if you have a cheap sound card, and the input volume is too high, it could be damaging your soundcard.

you know what that could be it that would make sense letme try that one sec
No problem. But I highly recommend that you get an interface or something, cause if your soundcard can't handle the high output, then it's not going to hold up for very long using this method.

I've been recording though the mic in for about 3 years, but I have a very good soundcard.
Quote by ethan_hanus
No problem. But I highly recommend that you get an interface or something, cause if your soundcard can't handle the high output, then it's not going to hold up for very long using this method.

I've been recording though the mic in for about 3 years, but I have a very good soundcard.

what would u suggest i upgrade to then?