today i picked up a crate vc-5212 at a pawn shop for 200 bucks. let me know how i did, and share yor experiences with this amp,esp if they were good ones.(Invalid img)
I got one (5310 3x10) a few months ago for $150. It was a steal. I had to take out the circuit board a reflow some solder joints, but now it's working perfectly.

I think you are going to be happy. The cleans are great and the OD channel sounds good even though I mainly use pedals for that. It's a heavy mofo.
Quote by Norse Thrasher
The last time I went in a pawn shop was to try a Jackson King V. The guy hooked me up to a bass amp. I left shortly after.

Electric guitars can work in a bass amp.

Hendrix used to do that
Quote by Twist of fate
Why must the fat die young
Quote by Norse Thrasher
The last time I went in a pawn shop was to try a Jackson King V. The guy hooked me up to a bass amp. I left shortly after.

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with that.
a big old fail, why? o no picture i got ya, guess i havent figured that one out.......this is my first tube amp, WOW
fly135 what kind o pedals,,, od????? and are distortions useless now? at least for this amp? sorry for my ignorance
Quote by Norse Thrasher

You sound like a tool, just throwing that out there.

Not everyone is a "guitar expert" and what did you expect from a pawn shop? That he was going to roll out a Diezel Herbert and a nice selection of cabs to match?
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Quote by Norse Thrasher

Ever heard of the Fender Bassman?

TS, read the rules about New Gear Day threads. This breaks all of them. No picture and no review. Pictures found online do not count as a NGD picture.

Anyways, happy new amp day!
..I was watching my death.
Quote by fingas432
today i picked up a crate vc-5212 at a pawn shop for 200 bucks.

should nail slash tone.

post pics that work, and clips of the epicness of the crate.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I feel like I already posted this for some reason but it appears no..

There's an old LAB Series amp in a local shop here for £200. I really want to nab it before someone else does but I don't have the funds right now.
Sparrow Twangmaster Telecaster
G&L Legacy Stratocaster

Korg Pitchblack > Fuzz Face > Tubescreamer -> Crybaby -> Modded SD-1 -> Big Muff -> Phaser -> El Capistan -> TS-1 Tremolo/Stereo-Pan

Vox VT20+
Quote by fingas432
fly135 what kind o pedals,,, od????? and are distortions useless now? at least for this amp? sorry for my ignorance
Any kind you want. Right now for distortion I've got a DOD FX100, EHX Germanuim 4, and a Jekyll & Hyde on the board. Not only that but my pedalboard is in the stomp box loop of my RP1000, which runs into the Crate. The Ibanez TS7 is a good OD that can be found on eBay for under $30.

Here's a pic of mine....

Quote by Mopy
You sound like a tool, just throwing that out there.

Not everyone is a "guitar expert" and what did you expect from a pawn shop? That he was going to roll out a Diezel Herbert and a nice selection of cabs to match?

Yeah it doesn't take a guitar "expert" to know that most bass amps probably are.. uhh.. meant for bass, guy.
Besides, maybe a few bass amps work okay with guitar but this one sounded like complete ass. It was not compatible at all with a guitar.
I don't expect much from pawn shops but... if you don't have GUITAR AMP for a GUITAR... don't hook me up to a bass amp. It's pretty cute that you're sticking up for some greaseball pawn shop owner, though.