Budget- Give or take, 500ish dollars, once I sell the head I have now.

Genres - I play music from most walks of life; Mastodon, Lamb of God, Tool, BTBAM, Maps and Atlases, EITS, Deftones, Four Year Strong, etc. I made myself sound less diverse than I think I am...

Home or Gig - I practice at home a good amount, but I'm also going to start practicing with a band give/take twice a week. Also planning to gig on the weekends and stuff. So it has to be gig worthy.

Closest City - The biggest one that matters is Hartford.

Current Gear - Vox AVT100H, Randall Warhead 4x12 Cab, Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Ibanez 7321, ESP LTD SC-200.

The band is going to play alternative metal type of stuff, similar to tool, but with lamb of god influences and some other stuff. For all intensive purposes, I need a pretty versitile amp, with great metal tone.

I feel like every single kid who ever posts on here :/ i don't REALLY want a 5150/6505, but if that's what you all think, then so be it...
My Jet City can get a good Tool-esque tone with the right guitar, but it's the 20 watt. You'd probably want to go with the 50 watt, and I think the circuit is different.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
The 50 and 100 watt Jet City amps add a second "overdrive" channel (and names the 20's channel "crunch"), which does pretty well for tighter, metal oriented distortion. I would recommend trying it or looking it up on Youtube, the sound definitely has a chance of meetign your needs.