Hey guys I'm really wanting a solid orange stratocaster, but I can't find one anywhere! I want it with a white pick-guard and made in the u.s.a, why is this so hard to find? If you know where I can find one for around $700 (u.s money) please tell me, because an orange strat is my dream guitar and I seem can't find one, and DEFINITELY can't afford a custom shop, thanks.
Last edited by JakePlaysGuitar at May 17, 2011,
Paint it
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Yeah, man, I'd say the best idea would to just get a MiM Strat of any color and spray it orange(with clearcoat after of course). You can order a body and neck from Warmoth too, and you can get any body/neck/fretboard woods you like, but then you gotta buy the hardware too, so that's probably out of your budget. I personally think orange guitars with black pickguards look pretty 80stastic, shame nobody makes orange guitars...xD
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
funny enough, the other guitarist in my band has one like that. Its an American Deluxe, not too old, but I don't recall the year. worth about what you're looking to spend if I remember right. they do exist, just not easy to find.
I saw someone do a custom warmoth strat over at Harmony-central or somewhere in orange.
It was divine.
Quote by EFGuitar
funny enough, the other guitarist in my band has one like that. Its an American Deluxe, not too old, but I don't recall the year. worth about what you're looking to spend if I remember right. they do exist, just not easy to find.

If he's looking to sell I'd most likely buy it (not 100% sure though) but I'd especially buy it if he put it on ebay as a buy it now. Is it american standard?
The fiesta red strato I just bought is actually alot more orange than it is red
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Be sure to check various retailers' FSRs. I know either Musicians Friend, Guitar Center or Sam Ash had an Orange FSR Stratocaster a few months ago.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
HILT!

Where's Waldo?