A few months ago I modded my Fender Strat, which was originally SSS, to make it HSS by putting a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge. I love the sound (which I guess is the point), but I know I made a mistake when I wired it in. I can only get sound out of the neck pickup but not the middle pickup, and I can't detect any change in sound when I mess with the tone knobs on the humbucker, yet it seems to be working on the neck pickup. What can I do?
Quote by Jackal58
I eat dead meat all the time. You don't have to chase it around your plate and it doesn't try to peck your eyes out.

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Custom Fender MIM Black Strat
-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Look up a wiring diagram. Sounds like you missed a few things.

To be a biiit more helpful, compare every little bit to what you have. You probably just put a couple wires in the wrong spot. Strat wiring isn't the simplest thing in the world, easy enough to make mistakes.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Last edited by valennic at May 17, 2011,
I did that when i was wiring mine with a super distortion. I found it pretty do-able to simply take out every wire but the jack and bridge grounding wire, and wire it up from scratch. It turned out much neater, and i didnt have to work around old wiring. Definitely use a good diagram too.