Can anyone give me info about them.... more specific. Are they good quality? Are they pre sanded and ready to finish? Are they accurate reproductions.

I think it would be really cool to build a guitar from all parts. I am sure I could do it. But am I gonna spend 700 to build a 2oo$ guitar? or are do they actually offer a quality product equal to fender?

I would not mind spending a little extra to personally build a great guitar... also forgive my ignorance, correct me if im wrong. But on a solid top guitar wouldnt a laminated top do nothing but add to the looks with a specific wood grain??
Last edited by jsspang at May 17, 2011,
Warmoth makes really top-notch stuff. I think they come ready to finish, but you may need to sand it down a bit more. You could ask them if you decide to order.

And they have a license from Fender to make Fender-style bodies, so those will be accurate. The others are about as accurate as they can make them, which is at least extremely close.

And yes, a laminated top on a solid body is almost purely aesthetic.
thanks for the info... I would obviously research the project before starting it, but do pick ups come with wiring diagrams? IF not are they easily avaliable to download online?
Quote by jsspang
thanks for the info... I would obviously research the project before starting it, but do pick ups come with wiring diagrams? IF not are they easily avaliable to download online?

Yes, and yes...the package includes instructions and the PUP manufacturers offer them online as well. Good luck with your project!
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
was kinda curious about this as well...saw they had a Schecter Avenger style body and thought it would be cool to make my own signature guitar out of it lol
Nice, I was thinking of going with an mustang or perhaps even a jag. I know I wouldnt be able to sell it for shit probably, but I wouldnt be looking to sell it if it were a quality custom guitar when finished.
They make very high quality bodies and they can even be ordered finished if you want. It will turnout as good as you can assemble it and set it up
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by trueamerican
The quality is much better than Fender.

yup, the quallity is better.
Quote by Pac_man0123

Yyyup.

2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by blueskysky
yup, the quallity is better.

yup

It's also a lot of fun to do.
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier