I would recommend checking out the Peavey ValveKing series, its some of the cheapest tube amplifiers you can buy. However, the quality is great! I know from experience that if you decide to go with one, you will not regret it.
thanx bro, maybe next time ill check into the peavey brand, this was an impulse buy, as i think i got a good deal, i was coming for opinions and experiences with the crate vc-5212,,,,,, maybe i ran in blind.....
will do , jus thought i may pick up a few quick tips, its cool, i gots this!!!!! thanx brother
Mesa boogie triple rectifier.
An original Fender twin.

What do you play?
I'm selling an ernie ball wah pedal. Buy my ernie ball wah pedal.
Wah pedal.

Quote by 23dannybhoy23
That's got to be my all time favourite online death threat

Quote by smokeysteve22

My chest hurts after that.
My advice would be get an amp with an output to suit your playing and remember the output on a 5 watt valve amp will probably compare to a 30 or 40 watt solid state. Tube amps are only really unleashed at cranked levels and you can't crank a 40 watt tube amp in your bedroom..well you can but there'd be trouble!
def, this thing is loud,,,,,, i play mostly hard rock, like afd era, funny that was mentioned, alot of classic rock, and a little 90s type metal, but ill yse mt ss for that
maybe i should clarify i bought the amp for 200.00 and was wonderin how i did, find wise.. i would like 2 pick up something a lil small, maybe one of the hotrod valve jrs by epi??????
Peavey Valveking is a good tube amp for cheap...i've played one a few times and for the price, its not bad
Quote by fingas432
maybe i should clarify i bought the amp for 200.00 and was wonderin how i did, find wise.. i would like 2 pick up something a lil small, maybe one of the hotrod valve jrs by epi??????

You mean the crate vc5212 you got at the pawn shop?

How does it sound to you?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by fingas432

yes

I mean. yes?

dude. Please tell me that English is not your first language and that you are typing from a cell phone and not real sure how Forums work?
Quote by fingas432
what are some imp pieces of gear, knowledge i should have and or know?

Read the stickies, post specific questions if you're going to start threads, learn some grammar.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by crevs1972
My advice would be get an amp with an output to suit your playing and remember the output on a 5 watt valve amp will probably compare to a 30 or 40 watt solid state. Tube amps are only really unleashed at cranked levels and you can't crank a 40 watt tube amp in your bedroom..well you can but there'd be trouble!

None of this is true.

A valve amp is louder than a solid state amp, but not 6 to 8 times louder. Saying a 5 watt valve amp is as loud as a 10-15 watt solid state amp would be more accurate.

And tube amps do sound better with the volume up a little bit, but that doesn't mean they only sound good that way. And it really depends on what genre you're playing. You're not really going to want to crank an amp and get power tube distortion if you're playing death metal. Tube amps are perfectly fine for bedroom usage, and will sound great when used that way as well. (Provided it's a decent tube amp)
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
oh dear, i see a watt war coming.

No, I said what I think is true. If I'm wrong please correct me, I'm not looking to argue. Just saw something that I didn't believe to be true and didn't want some one new to this stuff to believe it.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I looked at some of fingas other threads/posts and unfortunately, I do not think this is a troll.
I don't know...

- asks about tube amps
- considers "imp" an acceptable substitution for "important"
- thinks Slash is cool
Quote by Major Sparky
No, I said what I think is true. If I'm wrong please correct me, I'm not looking to argue. Just saw something that I didn't believe to be true and didn't want some one new to this stuff to believe it.

i would have just replied to his post with a "no". "don't go there".

my problem is once i start believing in all that "wattage/volume" stuff i meet an amp that defies all of that logic.

play a budda SD18 II and tell me it's 18 watts. then play a peters CDC 50 or marshall 1987, then play a slo.

one's 18 watts, two are 50, and one's 100. and there isn't much overall volume difference between them. i will say the slo seems a bit louder than the budda, but not by as much as you would think.

i'm not saying what you posted is wrong by any means, just that there really is no good general rule there for me, based on the amps i've owned and played.

and it's a can of worms better left unopened generally here. imo.
Quote by Major Sparky

Man, I think you've started an argument with yourself! Cool, I like it!
Quote by gregs1020

my problem is once i start believing in all that "wattage/volume" stuff i meet an amp that defies all of that logic.

play a budda SD18 II and tell me it's 18 watts. then play a peters CDC 50 or marshall 1987, then play a slo.

one's 18 watts, two are 50, and one's 100. and there isn't much overall volume difference between them. i will say the slo seems a bit louder than the budda, but not by as much as you would think.

i'm not saying what you posted is wrong by any means, just that there really is no good general rule there for me, based on the amps i've owned and played.

I understand your point, and I realize wattage isn't the a very good measurement of volume. I guess this really is an argument better left alone. Especially in cases like this.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
I am sorry. I am not a troll, i do not just sit here and stare at the computer either. when i am not at work, I feel no need to make sure everything is in correct english........ i came here for opinions on gear, and guitar in general, not english lessons. i do not have a lot of free time, so i choose to spend it practicing guitar, rather than grammer..... but sorry , as i have obviously offended you all................anyway thankx to the people who offered their opinions ans not their hate
Quote by gregs1020

Agreed. Sitting by yourself in front of the amp and the differences between amps of different wattages can really seem pretty minute.

The only time wattage ever really make a significantly noticeable difference to me is when I'm playing with a band and noticing that a 15 watt amp is getting lost in the mix while a 30 watt one isn't.