I keep hearing about pre amps, and rack mounted processors ect but i have no idea what they do, and how they work.

This for example - http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Stereo_Power/stereo2-100/stereo2-100.html

Would i run that into a cabinet? What else would i need for that to work? Also, how the **** does the Axe FX work?
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

I play a Schecter

Quote by Iriathz
I love you.
Have all my life's future earnings.

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
Just how loose is your urethra?

Quote by shavorules42
I have a 6 inch gauge in it, so I can cockdock so I'd say loose enough.
Not really.
Quote by Drift king77
I keep hearing about pre amps, and rack mounted processors ect but i have no idea what they do, and how they work.

those are 2 very different things. sounds like you are confused about rack gear.

the reason for putting components into racks is to control, mix, match, and select very specific signal paths. for example, instead of having a guitar amp (with a preamp and power amp) and some guitar pedals run in the front of the amp (or in the effects loop), you'd have 1 or more rack preamps with effects processors (multi-effects or single effects) going into a stereo power amp and then run to a cab.

this rack setup allows lots of flexibility with choosing what is included in you chain and how it's routed. plus the racks are close to each other and it's easier and less unsightly to run you cords in that setup.

Quote by Drift king77
Would i run that into a cabinet? What else would i need for that to work? Also, how the **** does the Axe FX work?

axeFX can be used many ways. in one of it's simplest forms you can rack up AxeFx with a power amp run to a speaker cab and be good to go. AxeFX has preamps and effects, as well as emulation, so it's sorta like a bunch of rack effects in one.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
those are 2 very different things. sounds like you are confused about rack gear.

the reason for putting components into racks is to control, mix, match, and select very specific signal paths. for example, instead of having a guitar amp (with a preamp and power amp) and some guitar pedals run in the front of the amp (or in the effects loop), you'd have 1 or more rack preamps with effects processors (multi-effects or single effects) going into a stereo power amp and then run to a cab.

this rack setup allows lots of flexibility with choosing what is included in you chain and how it's routed. plus the racks are close to each other and it's easier and less unsightly to run you cords in that setup.

axeFX can be used many ways. in one of it's simplest forms you can rack up AxeFx with a power amp run to a speaker cab and be good to go. AxeFX has preamps and effects, as well as emulation, so it's sorta like a bunch of rack effects in one.
Ahh okay, that's cleared a lot up. Thank you!
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

I play a Schecter

Quote by Iriathz
I love you.
Have all my life's future earnings.

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
Just how loose is your urethra?

Quote by shavorules42
I have a 6 inch gauge in it, so I can cockdock so I'd say loose enough.
Not really.