Page 1 of 2
Hey, looking for non biased opinions on whether or not my bands bassist and his other bands drummers are actually d*cks or not.

He joined another band a few months ago with his cousin and lately everything he says seems to sound like "hey, this is what my other band does" and it's pretty much, well, pi**ing the rest of us off.

Aside from that he is allways saying how the guitarist in that band is even better than me and more or less god like.
I am a good guitarist I am big headed enough to say that, I would also admit that somebody is better than me but I can't here, not with arguments like
1) He can tremalo pick (Bassist then remembers I can but sticks with his argument anyway)
2) He he uses the hungarian minor chord alot (Chord, not scale, I know it dosn't exist)
3) He uses a 7-string guitar (which is apparently 100x cooler and harder to play than a 6 string)
4) The above points = technical and as said, God like.

And their bands drummer, constantly having digs at us that we are shit because we are not heavy or metal enough, going on about how their guitarist is better (for the same reasons) saying our drummer is shit because he doesn't use blast beats (He thinks they are boring and gay) or constant double bass (he thinks it is boring) vocalist is shit (total opposite)

Really, I just need an unbiased opinion from people who aren't in the band that will obviously agree with me to say if
- these points are indeed a path to awesomeness
- They are genuanliy just being douches

All I can think is we don't play the genre they want, or that we are in some sort of wierd compatition with them and just don't know it. Or they are just metalhead elitist...Or they are right, you are crap without blastbeats and 7-strings.

Ps. I expect some people are going to troll. I accept that. I am ready for it. I wouldn't have it any other way.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Last edited by link no1 at May 22, 2011,
Quote by link no1
Hey, looking for non biased opinions on weather .

Quit reading here.
Haters gonna hate. Ignore them.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by due 07
Qu

Quit reading here.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
I would need to hear both bands in order to give a full opinion on who is better and for what reasons.

However judging from the way theyre acting, your bassist sounds like a douche, and if the guitarist in the other band is better, then make him prove it. Prove to you and the rest of them that he is better than you.

And yeah they all just sound like douchebags. Plain and simple.
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Sounds like they are total assholes. Fire the bassist and let him be in that god like band run by Jesus and Co.
post recordings of both bands and we will decide....

....oh whats that???

you don't have any recordings??? neither does the other band?????

you both suck.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
I would need to hear both bands in order to give a full opinion on who is better and for what reasons.

However judging from the way theyre acting, your bassist sounds like a douche, and if the guitarist in the other band is better, then make him prove it. Prove to you and the rest of them that he is better than you.

And yeah they all just sound like douchebags. Plain and simple.

/thread
Unless he can sweep with his ass you shouldn't care.
I pride myself on my humility.
Quote by *motleymace*

....oh whats that???

you both suck.

+1
>>>Ask the pit for unbiased opinion
>>>present situation with incredibly biased perspective
>>>?????
>>>fail
Gear:
Epiphone Explorer (Lucy)
Jay Turser Les Paul
1986 B.C. Rich Mockingbird N.J. Series w/Kahler Flyer Trem
Squier Strat
Washburn Lyon Acoustic
Charvel Bass
Fender Frontman 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Ahh... The pit in all of it's glory.

Pull out the eruption solo and LET EM HAVE IT!
Dead bull with the life from the low
I'll be massive conquistador
Give me soul and show me the door
Metal heavy, soft at the core
Gimme toro, gimme some more

Steam: Mengsk
MAL
if you can't tremolo pick, then i don't know who's right.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
You can't tremolo pick?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Tell him you can sweep pick with the hair on your balls at 4000 BPM. That'll show them.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by skylerjames13
Haters gonna hate. Ignore them.

no.

Beat the shit out of them with their own instruments.

That'll teach him.

I'm serious.
Don't sound like dicks to me... Maybe his guitarist is better than you what the hell does that matter as long as you guys are having fun playing. Kick the stupid shit head out I doubt you guys are about to be signed or have any huge shows lined up. Stop being butt hurt by some dude who likes his other band more and move on.
I would recommend posting something by both bands. That, or at least post what techniques YOU can do. Also, did he specifically say tremolo picking, or did he say alternate picking? Because maybe he meant he's good at shredding.
All I can say, is that if "using hungarian minor scale" means to them playing it up and down in the speed of light, then yes, they suck and you should punch them all in the face.
Quote by -Mantra-
All I can say, is that if "using hungarian minor scale" means to them playing it up and down in the speed of light, then yes, they suck and you should punch them all in the face.
He said Hungarian minor chord. Whatever the heck that is
You can't be better than him, he can tremolo pick AND use the Hungarian minor scale.

That's it, game over man...the other guy is obviously GOD.
There is a hungarian minor scale, but I've never heard of a hungarian minor chord and google doesn't give me any results, so I assumed TS made a little mistake
Quote by *motleymace*

....oh whats that???

you both suck.

I didn't post any links because I am not asking which band is better, I am asking are these guys being as much of douches as I think they are?

Quote by Momentosis
You can't tremolo pick?

Yes I can tremolo pick -.- It's an actual argument by them, granted not a very good one.
Quote by -Mantra-
There is a hungarian minor scale, but I've never heard of a hungarian minor chord and google doesn't give me any results, so I assumed TS made a little mistake

Nope, it's an actual thing they keep talking about. From what i've been shown it's apparently pretty much a power chord with an extra note :/

Never botherd looking whether it was real or not, just assumed it was a chord I never heard of, nice to know this chord dosn't even exist xD
Last edited by link no1 at May 18, 2011,
Quote by link no1
Nope, it's an actual thing they keep talking about. From what i've been shown it's apparently pretty much a power chord with an extra note :/

Never botherd looking weather it was real or not, just assumed it was a chord I never heard of, nice to know this chord dosn't even exist xD
Seriously, again?

Quote by due 07
Seriously, again?

I was just going to post that exact same thing XD
Quote by due 07
Seriously, again?

Twice? I feel kind of retarded right now -.-
You don't sound very competent at what you do. You're both dicks. He's a dick for not being modest, and you're a dick for not just realizing you need to get better at what you do.
Q.Q moar.
I don't know what tremolo picking is. My theoretical knowledge is that bad.
Dead bull with the life from the low
I'll be massive conquistador
Give me soul and show me the door
Metal heavy, soft at the core
Gimme toro, gimme some more

Steam: Mengsk
MAL
Technical ability doesn't matter for shit. You should be judged on how good your songs are, nor how technical they are.

In other words, yes, he's a douche.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by SlipknotRule93
Technical ability doesn't matter for shit. You should be judged on how good your songs are, nor how technical they are.

In other words, yes, he's a douche.

PERSONALLY I think my songs are, emotionally, WAY better than tons of bands'.
sunbather is shit
Quote by link no1

3) He uses a 7-string guitar

He's better than you. >_>

take it or leave it <_<
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by Deadlock Riff
He's better than you. >_>

take it or leave it <_<

This.
Learn bass, beat him at his own instrument.

Slap bass, then him.
I'm selling an ernie ball wah pedal. Buy my ernie ball wah pedal.
Wah pedal.

Quote by 23dannybhoy23
That's got to be my all time favourite online death threat

Quote by smokeysteve22

My chest hurts after that.
Quote by link no1

Never botherd looking whether it was real or not, just assumed it was a chord I never heard of, nice to know this chord dosn't even exist xD

So what you're saying is it's a power chord with another note to determine it as minor? Holy crap I am pretty well versed in Hungarian minor chords then.

But yeah it doesn't exist by anything I've ever heard unless you make your own chords and call them hungarian minor which would involve a sharp 4 instead of a 5 which is basically a flat 5 with a minor third which would make it a diminished triad pretty much... easy way of interpreting this those guys are complete idiots. But for real don't worry about it kick the guy out get a new bassist.
Page 1 of 2