So there is this guy selling his highway one 2004 MIA Telecaster for 750.
I offered him my 2008 Fender American Standard Strat, and he asked me for my Strat AND $350.
Is he mental? Or is it just me?
What is mind? no matter. What is matter? Never mind.
He's completely mental. Although Highway One Teles are no longer in production.. But they've been replaced by the American Special, so still no reason for him to want more.
Fender American Special Telecaster w/ Bigsby
Fender MIM Jaguar
Digitech Whammy-->Korg Pitchblack Poly-->Dunlop Cry Baby-->Danelectro Pastrami Overdrive-->EHX Big Muff Pi-->Joyo Digital Delay
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III Red October Edition
unless his is in significantly better condition than yours (which is unlikely since his is also a lot older) then, yeah, he's chancing his arm.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
LOL at that guy. I wouldn't go near that deal with a 10 foot stick.

The Highway one is supposed to be the cheaper alternative to the American strats.
Last edited by al112987 at May 18, 2011,
Quote by mark66saints
Although Highway One Teles are no longer in production..

Not true. While there is significant overlap in features, price and quality between the current Highway One and the American Special, the Highway One is currently still in production and offers a different set of features than the American Special, including larger frets, different pickups and a Nitrocellulose lacquer finish.

Quote by TS
I offered him my 2008 Fender American Standard Strat, and he asked me for my Strat AND $350. Is he mental? Or is it just me?

If anything, you should ask him for the $350.

In 2006, Fender redid the Highway One series into the version it is today, with Nitro Lacquer, American style wiring, and upgraded the pickups. The pre-2006 Highway One is rubbish compared to the modern one. It's literally a MIM Standard that was built in the US. There is one different feature (22 frets instead of 21), and there's no difference in build quality; it's only marketable trait was that it was build in the USA.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Last edited by kangaxxter at May 18, 2011,
^^ oh yeah, that goes without saying. if he's chancing his arm about the price he could be chancing his arm about something else too.

^ yeah, that's a good point, the older highway one, if anything, is much worse than the newer one.

This guy is more ridiculous the more i think about it. Avoid.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at May 18, 2011,
^Forgive me for being stupid, but what does "Chancing his arm" mean?

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Fender Excelsior 13w
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
oh maybe that's a northern ireland colloquialism... being a chancer? is that irish slang too?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/chancer

it has more negative connotations than that, though- it's not someone who does extreme sports, say. Like if someone was trying to rip me off I'd call him/her a chancer- hoping I didn't notice he/she was trying to rip me off.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Nah being a chancer is a common phrase here too.
but yeah horrible deal threadstarter
AVOIDAVOIDAVOID
Ok, thanks. I was just staring at that phrase wondering "WTF? does that even mean??"

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Fender Excelsior 13w
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
yeah maybe it's just british and irish english.

sorry for the terrible explanation but i was really struggling to think of an actual proper english word which you could replace it with
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?