I'm trying to use click tracks live/band practice and i want to have the click tracks to match up with sampling so it comes in at the right time. i want to know how to make it with one cpu/program where the band can hear the click but the audience only hears the sampling.

Shed some light?

Thanks
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
Run a seperate line with a click track into the monitors?
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
i thought about it, like if it was a stereo output and the click was on one side and samples are on the other. but then what about stereo samples?
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
uh... how many inputs do your monitors have?

if you have two you can feed the samples and metronome into them seperately. also there are soundboards that allow you to send into different lines. the one my band uses gives you two outputs (like two lefts and two rights) for each track so you can turn up the volume to line 2, for the metronome track, which goes to your monitors and turn down line 1 which goes to the PA. I'm not sure what kind of soundborad you got...
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
Do you really need a click track for a sample? I mean that's what drummers are for . Maybe have a 4 click count in or something so he can lock in the tempo, but is there really any reason for the whole band to have it going to their monitors? As long as the drummer doesn't suck, it shouldn't matter.

How do you plan on running the sample? From a laptop on stage or at the sound board?
Yes, you need a click track. If the sample, say, runs only through the choruses, you have a whole 16 bars or so of a verse where you are not playing with the sample. This is LOTS of time for a drummer (and by extension a whole band) to be off by a beat or two or six by the time the samples re-enter for the next chorus.

Here's how we did it:
ipod plays tracks to the PA. Cheap, easy to use, and deadly reliable.

On the ipod, you have a track that is split up with the samples on one side (say, left - this goes to the mains) and the click on the other (say, right - this goes to the drummer's headphones).

If you want to run stereo samples, then you have a bit more of an involved setup, but for most bands' purposes, running them in mono panned center or whatever will work fine.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.