my bugera 333xl head is doing some crazy things.

when i turn it up past around 3 it sorta makes this screeching sound but it cant be heard when im playing though, only when i stop. (its not just feedback its more intense)

the noise gate is on full so im assuming its bust or shit (maybe both)

iv just had some new pickups fitted and i dont know if they were fitted right, however the noise continues when i change guitar so dont think its that.

my cables are all cheapys around 3 years old so iv ordered some new ones and ill see if that makes a difference.
impedence is matched correctly to the cab
noise only happens when im on full gain in high gain jack.
but not on full gain in low gain jack
anyone got any other causes i may have over looked?
I suspect a blown preamp tube.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
try lowering your gain. you should never need the gain on 10. i used to have a peavey xxx, which your amp is remotely based on, and I was playing modern metal stuff on the crunch channel with the gain on 6 or so.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
you may need a noise suppressor, I had to buy a ISP Decimator to control the feedback from my high gain amps, until then all I heard was screeching sounds when I wasn't playing anything
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
new tubes look at JJ 12ax7's they tame the noise a bit.
and a matching set of EHX power amp tubes too.
Quote by stig354

noise only happens when im on full gain in high gain jack.

Hey dude, I've played that head a few times. That would be so saturated you couldn't even hear yourself play. I got metal with the gain on five or six on the high gain jack and picking hard. That was probably about as much gain as I would ever use on an amp.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
ok forgot to mention this thing is a week old brand new so i dont thiink the tubes are bad, maybe im just mashing too much gain through it.
ill get a noise gate and see how tht goes too. though im on budget so it will probs hav to be the behringer one.
if its still making poor noise after everything ill have to send it back, good job the warrenty is good on these things, though i do suspect its me and not the amp
forgot to say thanks

manners cost nothing and can take you a long way
Definitely the gain. If you need to play at 3, get a noise suppressor.

The boss NS-2 can be had pretty cheap second hand and works well.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
dimed gain on a 333xl?

and it feeds back?

baffeling.

yea turn down the gain broski, maybe give the guitar a fighting chance.
gregs - its not feedback its more screeching but i do believe its caused directly from me as i suggested earlier,

still im prbly gonna get an isp decimator anyway for that staccato chugging. with silence inbetween.

i didnt intend to completly change this thread but iv been recommended ns 2 by boss and the isp decimator?
any idea which would be better ? cheers all
Quote by gregs1020
dimed gain on a 333xl?

and it feeds back?

baffeling.

yea turn down the gain broski, maybe give the guitar a fighting chance.

yeah, definitely lower the gain. and if you're standing directly in front of the amp (i.e. in your bedroom) things are only going to get worse. if neither of those things work, maybe invest in a noise suppressor.
yeah lowering the gain removes the thing. and it started doing it in the studio so it wasnt to do with where i was standing, being infront of any amp is usually a bad idea in my experience..
so yeah.... noise suppressors, enlighten me
NS-2 is good, ISP is better.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
isp decimator all the way
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
isp decimator all the way

iv heard noise gates can alter tone/ completely choke it? will the isp do this?
Also will it still allow pick scrapes and light tapping through ?

Fixed my problem btw guys - it was me being a tard as i suspected. the high gain input is for low gain pickups that need a little more umph where as the lower gain input is for high output pickups that do not need an extra push. kinda like turning on a distorion pedal when on a distortion channel already was what i was doing,
thanks for all the input though,
Quote by Stretch_Wilson
new tubes look at JJ 12ax7's they tame the noise a bit.
and a matching set of EHX power amp tubes too.

Agreed, I know you said it is only a week old but you do occasionally get bad tubes.

I had a 12ax7 go in mine and it just whined like you are describing all the time. Does the amp have a standby? Do you put it on standby for a minute+ before using it so it can warm up? Before my 12ax7 went I wasn't warming the amp up (my first tube amp, no idea face palm!)
Quote by ragingben
Agreed, I know you said it is only a week old but you do occasionally get bad tubes.

I had a 12ax7 go in mine and it just whined like you are describing all the time. Does the amp have a standby? Do you put it on standby for a minute+ before using it so it can warm up? Before my 12ax7 went I wasn't warming the amp up (my first tube amp, no idea face palm!)

yes i warm it up and it was just me being stupid is all

everything is in my previous comment