hey guys, i just have a few questions regarding this guitar.
im thinking about buying a second hand (said to be rarely used, and doesnt look very used) mh400 for $450 AU, it seems to me like a good deal because similar guitars retail for a shitload in Australia, in fact i bought my MH-50 for the same price just over a year ago.
i have heard some mixed reviews about its floyd, and im just wanting to know if the floyd rose is any good...i know its not an original floyd rose, its a licensed. But some licensed floyds can be good apparently, but others suck horribly. i wont really be abusing the floyd rose, i probably wont use it much at all.
if it makes any difference, ill try to set it up for c standard for the most part, and ill just drop the C to a Bb if i need a drop tuning (making it drop A#/Bb)

any inputs are appreciated
Gear:

LTD MH-50
Peavey Vypyr 30
In my opinion you cant go wrong with the guitar. I´ve got the m200 is pretty simular, and use it for almost everything. And it plays great.
I did had some trouble with the Floyd going out of tune rather fast (my first floyd guitar, so could be me using the floyd :P ) But after installing a "Tremol-NO" never had any problem with it.

http://www.tremol-no.com/
I heard 'MH400' and came as fast as I could.

Mine has the FR. I've owned it for 3 or 4 years.

I love the guitar but hate the floyd.

Buy it and block the floyd.
RIP Tom Searle.
if i buy and install a tremol-no, will it act exactly like a hard tail? like if i want to change from c standard, to drop A#, then up to drop b or c, do i have to do anything special?
but yeah, i will probably change tunings a fair bit, so blocking the tremolo would have happened eventually
Gear:

LTD MH-50
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by LiquidFear
if i buy and install a tremol-no, will it act exactly like a hard tail? like if i want to change from c standard, to drop A#, then up to drop b or c, do i have to do anything special?

bump, still need help
Gear:

LTD MH-50
Peavey Vypyr 30
With the tremol no you can make a kind of hard tail guitar. But i also helps you retuneing your guitar because you can lock the strings
Depends... is it one of the older MIK ones, or a newer MII/MIC ones? The new ones have better hardware, and the trem is better than on the MIK ones, but the MIK ones are built better, and have (arguably) better quality tonewoods. So there is a bit of a compromise.

I'd say save up and get an MH1000. Can't go wrong. But, if that's not an option, it sounds like that's a really good price considering where you live, so I'd just go for it.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
At $450, it wouldnt matter if it was MII they are still sold guitars, especially for that money is Australia.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Wow AU is expensive for Cheap ass guitars and amps, I'm sorry you guys realy have to pay that markup. I don't have any Idea about what they cost or how good they are, but I'd look in to some AU made guitars, if there are any diecent ones that you know of.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate