Page 1 of 2
To write the most ball-crushing brutal death metal music you've ever heard with happy lyrics about rainbows, flowers, cute fluffy sheep and sunshine?

I think this is happening.
Well considering you can't make out the lyrics in death metal stuff, just as brutal as any other ball crushing song really.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
I would like to hear a recording of it.

then summon the cheese monster to tell me how cheesy the lyrics are....

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Quote by Kaandom
To write the most ball-crushing brutal death metal music you've ever heard with happy lyrics about rainbows, flowers, cute fluffy sheep and sunshine?

I think this is happening.

it would be almost as hilarious as brutal death metal music already is on it's own, and about as artistically genuine.
shred is gaudy music
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.
There was/is already a band out there, that did something like this. Can't remember the name though.

Also, there are plenty of death metal bands out there that are more artistically genuine then most pop or rock bands (that isn't a hard feat, though).
Quote by GuitarMunky
it would be almost as hilarious as brutal death metal music already is on it's own, and about as artistically genuine.

This pretty much, death metal is kinda a joke already.....

Listen to Psychostick, singing about food while playing power metal is so much better.
Quote by ethan_hanus

What makes you think that?
Quote by GuitarMunky

I thought you weren't a fan of elitism...
Quote by Sóknardalr
What makes you think that?

Lets see, everything is jumbled together, with the drummer trying to play everything way to fast and just hitting everything he can as fast as he can, the guitarist is making incoherent noises with the guitar trying to keep up with the drummers random fast drumming, the bassist is nowhere to be found(I think he is eating a sandwich), and the vocals, holy crap the vocals are horrible, the lyrics suck, the singing sucks, and on top of that, they add like 5 different compressors to make it loud as shit.

So it's like a massively loud heap of shit flying 500 miles an hour into your ear drum ripping it apart and causing you great pain.

But that's just what I think about it.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Lets see, everything is jumbled together, with the drummer trying to play everything way to fast and just hitting everything he can as fast as he can, the guitarist is making incoherent noises with the guitar trying to keep up with the drummers random fast drumming, the bassist is nowhere to be found(I think he is eating a sandwich), and the vocals, holy crap the vocals are horrible, the lyrics suck, the singing sucks, and on top of that, they add like 5 different compressors to make it loud as shit.

So it's like a massively loud heap of shit flying 500 miles an hour into your ear drum ripping it apart and causing you great pain.

But that's just what I think about it.

Rap: Obnoxious dudes in baggy clothing "singing" about hoes, nigga bros and doing cocaine. The beat consists of quarter notes in 4/4 with no drum embellishments at all. The melody is either stupefyingly simple or a sample from another song. The music takes no skill to write and there is zero thought involved in making the music. It is always made purely for money and the artists themselves don't care about anything except partying and making more money.

Oh wait...

EDIT: You can't just stereotype an entire genre like that. It never works. I rarely pull the elitist "you don't get it" card but you truly don't. There are a lot of death metal bands that write interesting music that is not just "a massively loud heap of shit flying 500 miles an hour into your ear drum".
Last edited by Sóknardalr at May 18, 2011,
Quote by Sóknardalr
Rap: Obnoxious dudes in baggy clothing "singing" about hoes, nigga bros and doing cocaine. The beat consists of quarter notes in 4/4 with no drum embellishments at all. The melody is either stupefyingly simple or a sample from another song. The music takes no skill to write and there is zero thought involved in making the music. It is always made purely for money and the artists themselves don't care about anything except partying and making more money.

Oh wait...

Is it bad that I find this one accurate?
Quote by Namaste196
Is it bad that I find this one accurate?

Yes it is. I don't like rap but not all of it fits that description. I don't even think the majority of it does. If you dig deeper into rap and hip hop you can find some interesting music that is not just what I said.

EDIT: Actually I guess it is only bad if you want to keep an open mind about music. If you don't, then stereotype away.
Quote by griffRG7321
I thought you weren't a fan of elitism...

You're right, I'm disgusted by elitism.

Making a sarcastic broad generalization for the sake of irritating those that take themselves too seriously isn't quite the same thing.
shred is gaudy music
Quote by Keth
Sarcasm doesn't translate well unto forum posts

This thread should be locked, IMO, should belong in the Pit.

Other people got it.

and sarcasm runs rampant in forum posts.

I agree it's a silly thread. That's kinda the reason for the silly /sarcastic post. Aside from taking the opportunity to irk the pretentious which is easy to do when it comes to death metal.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at May 18, 2011,
Evidently the sarcasm wasn't clear in my post either...

is this post sarcastic?

^was that?
Quote by griffRG7321
Evidently the sarcasm wasn't clear in my post either...

Yeah, it was.
shred is gaudy music
Brutal enough to nail her (didnt read any of the posts)
I like shotguns. thats all you need to know
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_V-wR45l4c

J.B.O Gänseblümchen (Englisch Daisy!!)

google translated :

I saw you standing in front of the rainbow
You have my heart immediately inflamed
You are so graceful so beautiful
The hair full of luster, the skin like velvet

I'll pluck daisies in the grass
I send you love letters, Mon Cherie
I'll pluck daisies, because I love you
I am writing poems - poetry

My heart will forever be your only,
You are like the sun, moon and stars
If you are with me, I'm not alone
That's why I love you so much

I'll pluck daisies in the grass

I'll rip out the intestines
And I grill up on a skewer
Before I pull you from all the skins
I know this sounds a bit nasty
I'll rip out your fingernails
And I share up by four
And if you want to avoid that,
Just stay with me

For I pluck daisy in the meadow
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IF YOU READ 'H' I MEAN 'B'

GERMAN H = AMERICAN B

Last edited by BlackmetalGitar at May 18, 2011,
Quote by ethan_hanus

Listen to Psychostick, singing about food while playing power metal is so much better.

Yeah lol I love psychostick.. And I'm not talking about REALLY horrible death metal like Cannibal Corpse.. I'm talking about heavy, melodic death metal like Opeth and Children of Bodom :P I understand that most people still don't even enjoy those bands, but I like them and I think that majority of bands that care enough to sound good vocally and instrumentally are just as genuine as bands like Iron Maiden and Metallica and all the good metal bands
Quote by Kaandom
Yeah lol I love psychostick.. And I'm not talking about REALLY horrible death metal like Cannibal Corpse.. I'm talking about heavy, melodic death metal like Opeth and Children of Bodom :P I understand that most people still don't even enjoy those bands, but I like them and I think that majority of bands that care enough to sound good vocally and instrumentally are just as genuine as bands like Iron Maiden and Metallica and all the good metal bands

I agree, Opeth and Children of Bordom ain't half bad, but I bet any death metal elitists would argue that they are not true death metal. I'm talking about the "true" death metal crap that the elitists think is such brilliant music. My description of that kind of death metal is how I would go about producing a death metal song, I'm not even joking either.
Quote by stevosmusic1
do some like taylor swift love storys only butal style lol

Seen it. There was a local screamo band (10cc love affair) that I saw that did it.
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.
Quote by ethan_hanus
I agree, Opeth and Children of Bordom ain't half bad, but I bet any death metal elitists would argue that they are not true death metal. I'm talking about the "true" death metal crap that the elitists think is such brilliant music. My description of that kind of death metal is how I would go about producing a death metal song, I'm not even joking either.

It's not elitists, it's people who know what death metal is. It's been so long since I've had a good discussion about this sort of stuff, probably a bit longer than since I've actually listened to death metal. But I remember your kind, and I think now what I thought then, you're either musically illiterate, or stupid as shit, to think that that's all death metal is. I'm beyond the point where I really care to argue about metal with message board trolls, but how you can call yourself a musician and then listen to Cannibal Corpse and not hear the precision of the playing and how rock-solid the time is throughout, is beyond me.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Quote by Sóknardalr

Oh wait...

EDIT: You can't just stereotype an entire genre like that. It never works. I rarely pull the elitist "you don't get it" card but you truly don't. There are a lot of death metal bands that write interesting music that is not just "a massively loud heap of shit flying 500 miles an hour into your ear drum".

its funny because almost all popular stereotypes are fact.
just saying.
and you realise very few people in here like rap, or stereotypical rap.
Quote by LolCatGuitar
just saying.

Stereotypes are facts only to the narrowminded who chose only to accept facts about groups, when those facts fit into stereotypes.

there are hundreds of stereotypes about musicians, and plenty of other groups of people, that I've found are mostly not true. stereotypes are usually the minority, but are the forefront because people don't like something about them. things like "musicians can't keep a real job" are not true for the most part, but it's a negative so people tend to spread that way more than "this guy writes music, but also works full time" they would rather say "all that slacker does is play the guitar". I'm in a band with four other musicians, and only one hasn't kept a full time, we've also gone through two guitarists that are no longer in the band and four other singers (all of which are in other local bands now), all of which have at least one full time job.

in my experience here we are looking at 1 out of 11 musicians, thats less than ten percent that don't have jobs. I'm not saying that there are no musicians that fit that description, but not all musicians are lazy people with out jobs.

also people here don't really like rap, and that I understand but most people here are rather closed minded about music. if it doesn't take X amount of talent then it is not good, however the concept of talent is relative, most "musicians" don't recognize talent in certian genres and when people actually point out what takes talent, or where the talent is shown, these "musicians" refuse to acknowledge it and then throw out concepts to try to disprove these facts (and in their mind it totally negates the facts).
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
Quote by ethan_hanus

Most death metal elitists also have ears and have been listening to death metal for longer than you. Hey, if I've been studying chemistry for longer than you, who are people going to listen to?

Me. Exactly. Because I know more than you do.

Death metal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l79HbNhSnsw

Furthermore, you're crap.
Quote by severed-metal
Most death metal elitists also have ears and have been listening to death metal for longer than you. Hey, if I've been studying chemistry for longer than you, who are people going to listen to?

Me. Exactly. Because I know more than you do.

Death metal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l79HbNhSnsw

Furthermore, you're crap.

trapped in purgatory!.... meh meh meh meh meh!! etc.

i disagree, music is subjective, chemistry isn't, in fact music one thing where you don't need to know anything to appreciate it. just because you know more death metal than me doesn't mean my opinion is invalid.

i know there's lots to do with this like people's ears being acclimatised etc. but in general, if people hear something, they can decide whether they like it or not, or if they think it sounds good. they're not wrong just because you know more death metal bands..

edit: i don't mind death metal, but your stance is wrong.
Last edited by gavk at May 19, 2011,
Quote by LolCatGuitar
just saying.

The most popular stereotypes are racist ones. I somehow doubt you would ever make a statement like that outside of your house.
Quote by UtBDan
this man hits the nail on the head.
Page 1 of 2