guys, what are the basic pedals (effects) that a guitarist should have?
I currently have a delay (behringer), an equalizer (behringer), a distortion (MXR dime distortion), an overdrive (behringer), a noise Suppressor (Boss) and an acoustic effect (Boss AC-3).
I'm currently saving to get a reverb and a WAH pedal, but beside all those things i mentioned above what are the other things that I need?

I'm a newbie, so any help given by you guys would be very helpful, thanks
wrong forum..this section's for actually building or modding your pedals and gear. I'll get a mod to move the thread for you

and to address your question, it really depends what kind of music you'll be playing
totally depends on your needs based on the songs you play. an overdrive / distortion is a good place to start along with perhaps a wah, delay and one or more of the basic time based fx (flange, chorus). otherwise it's totally up to you and there is no hard and fast rule that says you need any fx.
An upgrade from Behringer. I don't have any issues with Behringer as a company like some people do, and the Behringer mixer I have is tough as nails and noise free. But my experience with their pedals has never been good wrt how they sound.

Quite frankly I'd suggest an RP355 to replace that stuff. The adage that separate pedals are better than a multifx doesn't apply to really cheap pedals. Plus you can use any of your favorite pedals in line with the RP355.
Quote by james4
wrong forum..this section's for actually building or modding your pedals and gear. I'll get a mod to move the thread for you

and to address your question, it really depends what kind of music you'll be playing

fail...

and there is no such thing as neccessary effects. its completely opinion on what you like. personally, i like delay, phaser, and my wah. those plus my distortion, i dont really use much. you shouldnt rely on effects to make ur music sound good. theyre cool, but not always necessary.

but, real nice pedal is the mxr carbon copy. and i love my 535q wah
Delay is the only thing I need (distortion from amp). So it really just depends on what you want. When I was starting I thought I needed a ton of pedals. I thought it was kind of like a way to show that I was progressing at guitar (if that makes sense). As time has gone on, I've realized that every pedal I've had except delay is more novelty than it is actually useful on a regular basis.

I also think that if you have to ask someone else which effect(s) you need, then you don't need one at the moment. You'll know when you need something.

Quote by andrerist
fail...

Why fail? The thread was moved here.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex