Hello guys. I am buying a Bugera amp and I am between 3 amps, the 6220, 6222 and 333. What's the difference between them? Consider that I play Metal with my band, so I need a very good distortion sound. Also, Is it better the amp in combo version or seperately, head and cabinet? Tell me you opinions
I have a 333XL which I would say sounds very much like my Mesa Triple Rectifier. The XL most definitely gives it a little more of a metal sound so I would add that one to the mix. Not saying the Bugera is anywhere closer to the quality of the Mesa (plastic knobs vs metal ones, etc) but the sound of the 333XL is awesome!
I don't care for the quality of the hardware... I just want a great sounding amp in an affordable price and Bugera amps are handmade, which is good
definitely with most amps a head/cab combo is better, you can swap out the parts at any time to get a different sound e.g. upgrading the cab. I used to have a 6260 head, was pleasantly suprised at how well it performed. It's slightly more scooped than the 6505 which it's modelled on however
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
I want to buy the combo in order to have it in home and carry it to our garage.... otherwise i would prefer the head/cab and i am not the guy that will change parts so no problem
The 6260 is great for metal since its essentially a copy of a peavey 6505 i think, the 6262 is more or less the same but with an extra clean channel so better cleans, as far as i no the 333 will do classic metal/hard rock but doesnt really have enough gain for modern metal
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
I play modern metal so i 'll prefer the 6220 or the 6222. I think the 6222 has 6 preamp tubes and the 6220 has 5? Is this good or bad?
the extra preamp tube just gives you better cleans with more options to tweak them, so unless cleans are important to you its not really worth the extra money, the cleans on the 6260 arent bad anyway tbh
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Well, the 6222 goes boom, The 6220 goes kaboom, and the 333 goes tsssssBOOM!

i personally prefer the 333. It sounds kind of like a Mesa, but a bit heavier imo.
The other 2 are good, but they don't have the best cleans.
Hello 333 is a jsx copy wth
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
Quote by deepsal
Hello 333 is a jsx copy wth

333XL is a JSX, 333 is XXX.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
For electrical fires you should use a properly rated fire extinguisher or any non-flammable powder to extinguish the fire; never water.

Wait, that's not what this thread is about? Sorry I just assumed from the title.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
For electrical fires you should use a properly rated fire extinguisher or any non-flammable powder to extinguish the fire; never water.

Wait, that's not what this thread is about? Sorry I just assumed from the title.

Quote by GS LEAD 5
You know, I've heard this EVERYWHERE.
It sounds like a cheap Recto knockoff to me doesnt sound bright at all.

Case in point-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDkvAkPcEk8

It's not hard to get them to sound alike if you know how to EQ. The Bugera (and the Peavey JSX/XXX they're based on) have active EQs and are very versatile. And, the Road King is probably the most versatile amp out there. So again, it's not hard to get them sounding similar. Personally, I don't think that video does Bugera any justice at all. If you can afford the Road King, you shouldn't even be thinking about a Bugera.

Quote by BaffAttack
333XL is a JSX, 333 is XXX.

+1

And:

Bugera 6260=Peavey 5150/6505
Bugera 6262=Peavey 5150 II/6505+

Quote by RetroGunslinger
The 6260 is great for metal since its essentially a copy of a peavey 6505 i think, the 6262 is more or less the same but with an extra clean channel so better cleans, as far as i no the 333 will do classic metal/hard rock but doesnt really have enough gain for modern metal

The 333 series (and the Peavey's they copy) will have plenty of gain for modern metal. I've owned both a XXX and a 6505, and actually prefer the XXX for most things. It's got a better clean than the 6505, and an extra dirt channel...there isn't much the 6505 can do that the XXX can't do as well. And again, that goes back to the XXX having an active EQ. It may seem touchy at first, but it really makes for a versatile amp.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at May 18, 2011,
Whats up with the people saying 6220 and 6222? Its 6260 and 6262!
And all are good for modern metal.