I've tried importing a MIDI file of an orchestral piece from Cubase into Sibelius 6. The problem is all the data from cubase (like volumes of individual notes/crescendos/etc) are still being played back in sibelius when I just wanted the notes.

Anyone know how to get rid of of the MIDI information?
My guess is (I don't know that much about MIDI) that the expressions would be triggered by the pitches themselves, so the only way I can think of would be to get rid of the expressions in Cubase and then export another MIDI file.
In Cubase, you may have an export option in which you can just select the note on and off information and exclude everything else such as automation data and patches. If that's not an export option, maybe there is a filter menu within the program. If not, I think you're out of luck.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
^ basically what xiaoxi said, the thing with midi data is that it contains all that information within each note so when you export the notes, you also export all the articulation data in them as well.

i've never really used cubase but my initial attempt would probably involve trying to highlight all the notes in the song and then seeing if you can change all the values at once instead of note by note.