What is more widely used by famous bands? I had one of my guitars setup in drop C because i wanted a lower tuning, but soon found out there aren't that many songs written in drop C. I thought a lot of system of a down and disturbed's stuff was in drop C but apparently they both decided they like C# (db) better. Is this true?

If so then why? I want to say maybe because drop C sounds too low? could that be it? and C# tends to be just right? I gotta choose between the two tunings because I only own two electric guitars thus far. So whichever has more metal songs (not death metal, or hardcore. i know job for a cowboy uses drop c and lower sometimes). I am more into nu metal or just heavy metal.
first of all, wrong forum. this forum is for lyrics (songwriting refers to writing lyrics and music together, not writing riffs in this case).
this should be in "Guitar Techniques" most likely. not too sure though. a mod can move it to the appropriate place if they want to.

but to answer the question, there are many more bands (both famous and not famous) that play in drop C, mostly because of all the generic metalcore bands that play drop C. as far as why Disturbed and SOAD both play in drop C#, it's probably just preference. some guitarists just like certain tunings better, but it is most certainly not because drop C is too low. drop C really isn't even that low of a tuning. as far as what metal bands use each tuning, there is a stickied thread in the metal forum with a list of tunings used by different bands, that would be helpful for you.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
first of all, wrong forum. this forum is for lyrics (songwriting refers to writing lyrics and music together, not writing riffs in this case).
this should be in "Guitar Techniques" most likely. not too sure though.

either that or maybe Musician Talk.

*closed*