I have my guitar all sanded, routed, and all the gear is ready to go! I'm in the process of painting now, I know the scheme i want, the colors, but what types of paint should i use? It's not going to be a Soild color, its sorta going to be like a painting on the guitar. What brands of paint last long and wont chip or peal, what do you guys use?
Quote by behind_you
Ostrich thread would've been much better.

Quote by JustRooster
Alright, alright. Whatever. Here's what I'll do. I'm an evolutionary biology major. When I graduate I'll give her all my text books for your birthday. And I won't even get her pregnant.
Isn't there someone here that used correction fluid?
But anyway, for a solid colour try car paint. Not sure about anything for drawings though.
I've seen guys use airbrush paints with very good results.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Check out re-ranch.com for nitrocellulose. They sell it in spray cans and have great tips and instructions. I refinished a tele with that and it is awesome. However, even thought nitro is well accepted as a guitar paint and has been used for a long, long time, it is a fragile finish and will wear away over time.
Lots of people have also gotten good results with regular spray paint. There should be a "guitar refinishing" thread at the top of the forum. Read through that and post any other concerns there. The guys who frequent that thread are very helpful.