Page 1 of 2
Hey, just wondering if selling scrap metal to a junkyard guy is worth it and how much it pays (preferably the price per pound of different metals). Any other useful info would be great. Thx.
why not call the junk yard?
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Yeah that old bloke in Megaton pays a good couple of caps for it.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
You can get a couple hundred for a car.

Look up how much metals worth to make sure you're not getting ripped off, but the dudes not gonna pay list price, cuz he needs to make a profit too.
lmfao did you get that idea from Trailer park Boys or what

edit:

Quote by SlipknotRule93
Yeah that old bloke in Megaton pays a good couple of caps for it.

Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
it depends what it is how heavy it is etc and what the prices are like at the time of going.

you'd really have to go to one to find out also when you go wear some dirty overalls that way they will think you know what your doing
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
10 bottlecaps, 10 karma and 5 xp.

Edit: Goddammit!
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart
10 bottlecaps, 10 karma and 5 xp.

Edit: Goddammit!

trollface.jpg

THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Walter mysteriously fell to his death so i'm pretty poor

That shit's irritating.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Unfortunately I don't have any overalls. I thought it would be a fun and easy way to earn a little extra cash, and helping the environmet @ the same time. Google didn't help at all btw.
Quote by atomicrock5
Google didn't help at all btw.

Then you don't know how to use it. I found the link I posted above without any real effort.
Metalprices.com= confusing. Does anybody have something a little more comprehensiv... or RELEVANT?
I dunno why you wouldn't call the yard owner, he's the one you're selling to. I don't come on here and ask you guys prices for milk at the grocery store.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by atomicrock5
Metalprices.com= confusing. Does anybody have something a little more comprehensiv... or RELEVANT?

How is it confusing? It shows the price of the most common types of metals on the public market per pound.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Thank you ethat_hanus. I appreciate it. Oh and Zombee's
"I dunno why you wouldn't call the yard owner, he's the one you're selling to. I don't come on here and ask you guys prices for milk at the grocery store."
I think calling the owner is a good idea, but a grocery store is easier to find that a junkyard.
And you can't make money buying milk.
All the multiple posts, you would think this was a life or death situation
Quote by atomicrock5
When you say aluminium, that includes cans right?

Actually they don't, cans have that color coating and it can't be recycled.
last.fm[/url}
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Walter mysteriously fell to his death so i'm pretty poor

That never happened to me. You can always give it to that Ghoul in the Underworld in exchange for stimpaks or other chems.

THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
Quote by atomicrock5
When you say aluminium, that includes cans right?

if they are magnetic its steel durrr if not then they are aluminum
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by SlipknotRule93
That never happened to me. You can always give it to that Ghoul in the Underworld in exchange for stimpaks or other chems.

Yeah thats what I would do and I was never without stimpaks for the entire playthrough.
last.fm[/url}
last time i went scrapping, it was 7 cents a pound for steel/iron, and 40 cents per pound for aluminum. i usually make around $300 or so dollars a month from it. you would be surprised at the amount of metal people throw away.

also, having a truck is an absolute MUST. most of the scrap i come across would rip the hell out of any car interior.

try to find the densest pieces to earn the most money.

try to separate most of the metals from each other before you head to cash it in, otherwise, it will be deemed "dirty" metal, and you will be paid less

hope that helps. message me if you have any questions
Quote by HelpTravesty
Yeah thats what I would do and I was never without stimpaks for the entire playthrough.

Nice

Best thing is that they weigh nothing.

THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
My brother says he could make a thousand dollars a day doing that. Of course, he's a dumbass though.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
If you ever get hold of a AC condenser, scrap it. The copper piping is the big payoff.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
As a police officer, I can say that scrap metal theft is becoming a major concern. A local church/school just went to fire up their air conditioning system last week and found it didn't work... Thieves had scaled the roof and stolen all the copper tubing.
Likewise, foreclosed houses are frequently targeted for stripping of copper pipe and wiring.
A big problem locally is catalytic converter theft. The thieves use a battery-powered sawzall and just cut the exhaust pipes.
As well, they take manhole covers, street-light wiring (sometimes with tragic results...) and even aluminum siding.
So evidently there's a buck to be made, if you're willing to take the risks.
Quote by atomicrock5
Hey, just wondering if selling scrap metal to a junkyard guy is worth it and how much it pays (preferably the price per pound of different metals). Any other useful info would be great. Thx.

If you have the metal and nothing better to do than sure, its worth it. If you don't have the metal and are planning on going to find it, unless its copper or aluminum I wouldn't waste your time. Hell, even if you do find copper an aluminum, unless its a giant stash you're better off getting a job at a fast food place. I would not sell gold or silver, just hold onto it. Inflation is out of control and its the only way to secure any wealth.
Quote by jimmyled
After reading through this thread I miss playing Fallout 3.

Thread is now about Fallout 3
Sergio 'Checo' Perez 2013 Formula One World Drivers Champion
Quote by p_c
Thread is now about Fallout 3

There's a thread about Fallout stupid.
Ibanez AW200 ( Discontinued )
Jackson DKMGT Black
Squire Telecaster Classic Vibe 50's w/ Noiseless Specials
SX Bass ( Vintage Series Custom Hand Made )
-----------------------------
Roland Cube 30x
Peavey Classic 30----Boss RC-2
Quote by ethan_hanus
Lets see, any kind of steel or iron pays next to nothing. Aluminum pays like $5 a pound, copper is like, $10 a pound, gold is over $1500 an ounce, Silver is like $70-$80 a ounce, and tin is just worthless.

Shit, aluminum is like 80 cents a pound here on a good day
Quote by MaryKorn
it all depends on the price of the metal at that time.

Ooh 6 years too early I'm afraid. Also, you went to the future and that's the best piece of knowledge you could bring back?
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Quote by danielh123.
Because who actually still likes Korn?

No this thread is about scrap metal, not crap metal my friend.
Page 1 of 2