Hello.

I've been working on a couple of pedals.
I am making a fuzz face, this is my first ever build. For some reason I am not getting any sound out of it though. I have some background static but not alot else....

Any ideas?

Also, how do I wire up two different volume knobs and select between them using a dpdt switch... it'd be good if I could use a bi colour LED to indicate which volume I am on.

I am using AC128 transistors if that makes a difference.
What layout/PCB/kit did you use to build the fuzz face? Do you have any signal in bypass? Does the LED light up?

Here's how to do two volume pots:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/DRAGONFLY-LAYOUTS_0/The-Mod-Zone-_/DUAL_VOLUME.jpg.html

If you want LED indication then you're going to have to use a 3DPT switch.
*I am also using a vero board to wire it up... Maybe I'm doing something wrong with that?
Quote by ben_u39
Hello.

I've been working on a couple of pedals.
I am making a fuzz face, this is my first ever build. For some reason I am not getting any sound out of it though. I have some background static but not alot else....

Any ideas?

Also, how do I wire up two different volume knobs and select between them using a dpdt switch... it'd be good if I could use a bi colour LED to indicate which volume I am on.

I am using AC128 transistors if that makes a difference.

Make extra sure you don't have any shorts with the solder, especially when using vero board. Make sure your cuts to the copper are in the correct spot and are complete (Ive seen some people use drills and not notice just a tiny sliver of copper still connected). Also wire directly to your inputs and outputs and make sure theres no switching in the way, which you can add later. Make sure your EBC are correct with your transistors, try flipping them around. Make sure your transistor bias is correct. Are you using an external power supply or a battery? I'd use a battery at first... a PNP fuzz face can't share a power supply with negative ground circuits.