Does anybody have any ideas on how to make some cash during the summer? Something other than like "writing reviews" or "working at mcdonalds".
Nothing stupid please, Google already took care of that.
Try going round shops and asking, I know it seems crazy and out-of-this-world radical but you can do it if you try, I believe in you!
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Cutting lawns is always a good idea. Working at McDonalds isn't all that bad either, they pay the adult minimum wage for minors and you get a raise every six months.

Also consider working the street corner.
***** yourself out to fat chicks
Quote by the_white_bunny
the point of life is to die.
and pay taxes.

Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Blasphemy as severe as this is fucking unforgivable and by bullshito code you must commit sudoku for disgracing famirys honoru.
Don't be a lazy git, go around to every store or restaurant you see asking for an application. Turn in the application and get the managers NAME and NUMBER and call them every couple of days to see if they've looked over your application.

Dress nice

Put yourself out there

and you'll be able to make bank.

EDIT: and kids need to get off of the "oooh working at mcdonalds sucks oolololol" bandwagon. Money is money and even if you get a job at mcdonalds, its way easier to find another job while you already have a job, so mcdonalds could be temporary while you look for something with a bit more dignity.
last.fm[/url}
Last edited by HelpTravesty at May 18, 2011,
Okay, so what jobs let you work for like 3 days out of the week and like four hours a day? or something like that?
Quote by atomicrock5
Okay, so what jobs let you work for like 3 days out of the week and like four hours a day? or something like that?

A part time job.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Quote by atomicrock5
NO stupid/ vulgar comments(hr113). seriously.

chill, what are you so worked up about?

On a more serious note, depending on your physical capabilities you can try getting a job at some shop or supermarket and stack products boxes on shelfs. Minor myself and i did that last summer

EDIT: 3 days a week? maybe handing out some flyers for cosmetics or other small scale stuff that needs advertising
Quote by the_white_bunny
the point of life is to die.
and pay taxes.

Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Blasphemy as severe as this is fucking unforgivable and by bullshito code you must commit sudoku for disgracing famirys honoru.
Last edited by hr113 at May 18, 2011,
Mabe working @ mickee dee's isn't bad but It's generally the stereo-type summer job. Personally I like physical labor and stuff like that. Not something in food service.
Quote by hr113
chill, what are you so worked up about?

On a more serious note, depending on your physical capabilities you can try getting a job at some shop or supermarket and stack products boxes on shelfs. Minor myself and i did that last summer

Yeah just go into restaurants when they're not busy (like 2pm-5pm) and ask to speak to the chef and see if he needs someone on prep or on the dishes.

Tons of options and opportunities if you are willing to make the effort.

Finding a job nowadays is a full time job in and of itself.
last.fm[/url}
Dude, just get any job you can get.. You'll be far better off than anyone around here. You can't even get hired at McDonalds here.. Let alone a well paying stable job.
Restaurants are your best bet. There are some that are "better" than McDonalds, but really, that's not a bad job. You'll be making money and it's not exactly a dirty job.
Just suck it up, get over any pride, and take what you can get even if it means McDonalds or bussing tables.
If you're in farm country, there's always summer work like that that needs to done. That's a bit harder work and much hotter, but there's potential for a little more money.
detasseling
Quote by bluestratplayer
Im going to initial the back of every MG in guitarcenter "ZW" and see how many threads come out thinking Zakk Wylde owned thier amp.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Just me and rhino will end in the extinction of a species.
Quote by atomicrock5
Mabe working @ mickee dee's isn't bad but It's generally the stereo-type summer job. Personally I like physical labor and stuff like that. Not something in food service.

Also, talk to your parents. They may have some friends or something who needs an extra hand around the business during summer.
last.fm[/url}
Quote by atomicrock5

Then search m'lad for jobs in your area.
Off to google with yee! To find jobs in your local area.

Get them when you can. It's a competitive world. You can't pick what you can do.

It'll only be a month or 2. Anything will look good on your CV.

And if you can't find anything, contact a local company explaining your position. But do it early on!

I'm stuck doing part time jobs because nowhere will give me a full time. I'm not going to let go of jobs I hate. Then I'll haz no moniez.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
I might just stick w/ lawn mowing 'cause it worked for my friend. But I do think working at a resturant is an option, and a steady one
Quote by atomicrock5
I might just stick w/ lawn mowing 'cause it worked for my friend. But I do think working at a resturant is an option, and a steady one

What would be even better, would be to establish yourself at a job over the summer, then if they like you they'll keep you on during the school year so you always have a little income. Even if you work a couple times a week, y'know?
last.fm[/url}
I'm really liking the ideas! craigslist sounds good too. I'll check w/ my peeps to see if they know anybody that has a job. Keep the ideas coming.
Quote by atomicrock5
I'm really liking the ideas! craigslist sounds good too. I'll check w/ my peeps to see if they know anybody that has a job. Keep the ideas coming.

Go to your local mall and put in as many applications as possible.

I know that putting out applications is a pain in the ass, but like, the more you do the better your chances are at finding a hit. Its really important to follow up on your applications so that the people who are hiring can attach a face to an application. Just let them know you really want a job and be persistent.
last.fm[/url}
It does suck. I had a friend put in applications litterally everywere and she still couldn't get a job. Now she works @ a thrift store getting paid $5/hour. I don't think she tried to make herself known to the employers though.
Quote by atomicrock5
It does suck. I had a friend put in applications litterally everywere and she still couldn't get a job. Now she works @ a thrift store getting paid $5/hour. I don't think she tried to make herself known to the employers though.

Yeah thats the problem a lot of people have, you have to make yourself known and available. Like I said, you'll up your chances if the manager knows your face.
last.fm[/url}
What you need is a new amp! Hahah! But no seriously, jus type into some job search engines and you might actually find something you like.
ask around. last year I hired a kid to help me in my studio 4 days a week.
Apprentice doing something you like. Building stuff out of wood, welding, etc. You get hands on work still that will help you get a real job in the future.
There's probably work to be done on your local street corner

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Apply at every fast food and department store in your area (seriously, the more the better). Wait for them to call for an interview. Getting paid feels good, man.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.