A minefiled that sounds good when you step on one.

However! In the grand scheme of things, i wants more analog delay

I've look at the Carbon Copy, And the AD-9.

What about the DM-2+DM-3? which one, its all to much.

And is the diamond memory lane really really worth all the cash? And are there any other alternatives i haven't thought of? (Probably)

Cheers.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
I had a carbon copy. It sounded good to me, nice faded delays each time. And the added chorus button added some texture to my sound. I was happy with it. That being said I haven't really had much experience with other analog delays...
The ML2 is really kick ass. Worth the price? Depends. If you do a lot of ambient stuff and need to fill a large soundscape, it does it better than just about anything. The modulation is fantastic. For standard slapback stuff, I definitely wouldn't drop the money. The new ML Jr (digital analog sim) gets very close to the sound, though the modulation isn't quite as spacious.

I don't really like the Carbon Copy. The repeats are too dark and it doesn't stand out much in a mix. The Malekko Ekko 616 is everything the Carbon Copy wishes it could be and the same price.

The AD9 is cool for basic, dry repeats. So is the DM-2. The Way Huge Aqua Puss (Boss DM-2 clone) is similar with true bypass if that's a big deal to you. It's $10 more than the AD9 and around the same price as a few DM-2s I've seen.

The Deluxe Memory Man is a classic for a reason. I think I actually like it a bit better than the ML2. The modulation is awesome, though the repeats have a bit less headroom. There's a new tap tempo version for $140 more if you want that. I haven't tried it but supposedly it's as great as the regular DMM, just with tap tempo and subdivison options.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
It sounds like you know this, but I'd steer clear of the Memory Boy... I have one and its OK, but the chorusing effect never turns off and it makes it kind of odd sounding.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
It sounds like you know this, but I'd steer clear of the Memory Boy... I have one and its OK, but the chorusing effect never turns off and it makes it kind of odd sounding.

I though there was a mix knob for that?

Also, how practical would a real tape based delay be for studio use? a bit far? is the strymon just as good as the real things?
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Tape delays are really only practical for studio use unless you have the drive to perform regular maintenance. My El Cap is close enough for most uses and supposedly gets closer with something like a Badgerplex EP-Pre in front. There are a bunch of comparison clips on TGP somewhere in a big thread that show how close it gets.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
ehx deluxe memory boy? has modulation and tap tempo with subdivisions. expression pedal input and effects loop
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
The El Cap comes close to real tape delay but doesn't quite get there. I made some comparison clips to the real tape delays it's based on with DemoColorScheme,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXLu_qlrsJQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76ON0Ixrr9s

If you have the space and money for a real tape delay, get one. I liked the Roland RE-501 most out of the ones I played/heard in person.
Quote by cliff_em_all
I though there was a mix knob for that?

There is, but '0' seems to really mean 'a little tiny bit.'

Other than that its a good unit, but if I were doing it again that would be enough to steer me away.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!