yo, right well i was gonna get a new effects pedal but then noise gate crossed my mind. i have a 6505 combo, nosiy things as you know :p

but atm i'm just bedroom jammin, not gigging/recording.

what do you think?
meh if you arent recording or gigging, i wouldnt worry about it.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
yea, pretty much what I was thinking but it might be a nice addition still, would it clean playing up that much tho?
no it wouldnt clean your playing up at all, it just reduces the hisssssssssssssss sound when your not playing.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
ide say with an amp like tht even for home playing u will find it much more plesent with one. i use a NS-2 and it has made even playing at home so much more enjoyable
i use the built in noise gate on my mxr fullbore and i like it. it really comes down to a preference thing actually because there is a pretty big diffrence between something like a noise gate and a noise suppressor. a noise gate is pretty much wat its called. picture it like a door, its closed when u aren't playing making the noise very quiet if it comes thru at all. it helps to get rid of buzzing from high gain feedback wen not playing. when u start playing it "opens" and allows you to play. depending on how intense u set the gate, it can shut off very quickly with a palm mute given a very heavy, quick chugging shut off. some people like it, some dont. i dont set mine very high. a noise suppressor quiets it down and tries not to color the tone. it does not have an open/close feature like the noise gate does. i don't really kno how to explain it as i dont use one. so, if you want a noise gate, try it to understand if you like the way it sounds because some people simply don't like it. if you want something to just get rid of extra noise and hum, i would suggest the EHX hum debugger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbdtS_SNqvY