I was looking to buy a new bass, that was a five string, and this bass really caught my eye, but i don't know the make or the model, so does anyone know?
Attachments:
Toshiya Bass.png
The headstock looks veru Dean-like to me, and body looks explorer/Dean Dimebag esque. Any chance of a clearer picture?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
I'm trully stumped at that, very weird. I'm 90% sure the headstock is a Dean, but the body says otherwise. Might be a self made or luthier job. Who is it? You could try asking them directly through their band page or something.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Can you give a name of the bassist or even just the band?
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
His Names Toshiya and he's from the Band Dir En Grey, and i looked up the basses he uses, and there are about 10 or so, but none of them are that one in the pictures. And yes Dir En Grey are a jrock band.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
If he's in one of tbem J-Rock bands, every one of them and their mums have ESP signature instruments that we never see.

+1. He's endorsed by ESP, and while its not his signature model, he'd have no trouble getting some other crazy one-off from their custom shop.

It kind of looks like the mutant offspring of a Dean ML bass and a Peavey Razer.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Danteisawesome
His Names Toshiya and he's from the Band Dir En Grey, and i looked up the basses he uses, and there are about 10 or so, but none of them are that one in the pictures. And yes Dir En Grey are a jrock band.

Holy shit, I knew it. I was thinking Dir En Gray but I figured since it's the only j-rock band I know, what are the odds. He's actually not a bad bassist, I didnt know he used ESP though.
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
Holy shit, I knew it. I was thinking Dir En Gray but I figured since it's the only j-rock band I know, what are the odds. He's actually not a bad bassist, I didnt know he used ESP though.

As Ben said, every Jrock bassist has an endorsement and signature bass deal with ESP
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
OKay thanks guys, i'll have a look at the ESP website, and try message the band, however asking a japanese dude in english may have problems, oh well.
They take english classes in school I'm sure. Just say "I like you basses what are they"

do it caps if you want to get the message across better
Quote by askrere
They take english classes in school I'm sure. Just say "I like you basses what are they"

do it caps if you want to get the message across better

Lol, i should have done that, but I've already sent a message now.
Dean doesn't have a 5 string "V" headstock bass so it must be a custom job.
1981 G&L L 1000
Dean Razor NT5
Dean Hardtail 5
Dean Sledge Hammer 5 Ash
Dean Sledge Hammer 5 Mahogany
Dean Edge 1-5
Dean Edge Q-6 string
Dean Rhapsody 4
Axle Acoustic bass
MiniStar 5 string bass
Dean DOA Caddilac
Dean V-Wing acoustic
Quote by EuBoat
Looks like a custom one of these things.

INLAY : Pearloid Offset Harf Circle
Icwuttheydidthere
Quote by THEdevilYOUknow
No, it's plain science, women are evil

Quote by MB343
Women = time x money
time = money
Money = √evil
women = √evil x √evil
women = evil