So, anyone got it? Documentary love I mean.

At the beginning of this year I got real huge into documentaries, and even just completed a 30 minute piece about my band playing a small gig. It was fun to make and it just made me appreciate docs even more.

So, does the pit love documentaries? What are some of your favorites?
Eschquipment:
Epiphone SG400
Peavy Vypr 30 watt
Dean Vendetta XM

and thats about it...
Any of the ones about Wesley Willis (there are two or three, I can't remember names right now) are pretty great, I loved loudQUIETloud (Pixies) and If All Goes Wrong (Smashing Pumpkins). Planet Earth and Life were amazing too, but those are pretty obvious answers.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Quote by WhiskeyFace
Exit Through The Gift Shop, Catfish, Man On Wire, and anything my Louis Theroux

Man on Wire was really good!

I don't watch many documentaries. Closest I get is Bear Grylls.

EDIT: (To the post below)

I bought It Might Get Loud and to be honest, I was kinda disappointed. I was hoping for more jamming and hearing them play. It was interesting, but not as good as I thought it would be. And it was so painfully and obviously staged

And at times, Jimmy Page would be playing something and I'd be in awe, then the Edge would play something and it'd be like "yeah, that sound quite good actually". Then he says "If I turn all the effects off, this is what it sounds like" *strums chords*

And sometimes he interupts Page and I just think in my head "EDGE, SHUT THE HELL UP, JIMMY PAGE IS TALKING! YOU ARE NOT WORTHY!"

But Jack White's part is cool. I like him.
Last edited by WholeLottaIzzy at May 18, 2011,
It Might Get Loud is good. Interesting to hear Jack Whites story
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
I think everyone should check out "Dear Zachary". One of the most 'soul-penetrating' docs I've seen. At points I was on the verge of tears, and at others I was raging. It's incredibly good.
Eschquipment:
Epiphone SG400
Peavy Vypr 30 watt
Dean Vendetta XM

and thats about it...
Quote by lockwolf
It Might Get Loud is good. Interesting to hear Jack Whites story

That was so bitchin. Anything where guitar/rock is the main influence, as well as sports. ESPN had their 30 for 30 series last fall and all of those were excellent. Netflix has about 300 docs too, gonna check those out soon.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
The one David Banner did about his car.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I have no patience whatsoever. For me, documentaries right now are a waste of time. Instead, I'm watching House MD none stop
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
The Human Ape -
It's a great documentary that tries to find the major differences in intelligence from human and apes.

The first part:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz6IxZsLwlo

Journey to the Edge of Universe -
This is basically about the size of the universe and finding habitable planets. This documentary blew my mind when I tried to comprehend the size of it all.

The entire movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LdYV2bFjKc&feature=related
Last edited by NothingRocks at May 18, 2011,
I'm not that into them, but I did read a lot of the academic journal Studies in Documentary Film for my work. It was quite interesting, so I do appreciate it as a discipline.
Quote by WhiskeyFace
Exit Through The Gift Shop, Catfish, Man On Wire, and anything my Louis Theroux

YEESS.

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart is an excellent documentary about Wilco during the Yankee Hotel Foxtrot sessions and their partial dissolution. I love the end sequence.

I'm spending all my time watchingt Twin Peaks, don't have time to watch any newer documentaries...
Last edited by thewho65 at May 18, 2011,
Man On Wire and Beyond the Lighted Stage are awesome.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
The Union.

edit: They mostly talk about Canada i think so here's a link for those of you who might judge a doc by its title.

Last edited by ikitson at May 18, 2011,
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Cannibal Holocaust.

Also, "A Year and a Half in the Life of Metallica" was pretty good, as well as "All Excess," about Avenged Sevenfold.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Last edited by carlos_almighty at May 18, 2011,

Got the box set and I never tire of watching them, they're all so amazing.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect