Alright, so I plan on purchasing a brand new 6 string in the next couple of weeks, and I'm kinda caught between two different guitars that I can't really choose from.

This one: http://www.adirondackguitar.com/lefty/schecter/2008/bj_atx_c1.htm

The Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1, all the specs are in the link.

or this one: http://www.adirondackguitar.com/lefty/schecter/2010/c_1_custom.htm

Also a Schecter, but it's the Custom C-1.

The price is nearly the same for both, so that won't be an issue, but I can't figure out which would be best for me since I play a decent variety of things.

I've heard the Custom has great versatility, but I'm not really sure how it would hold up with the type of metal I play. However, I also need something that will sound great with a warm clean tone, and a crunchy more "hardcore/punk" tone.

I know that the ATX will be the best choice for metal. It's got the blackouts, and it looks amazing, and the characteristics of the body are similar to the Custom C-1, but I'm not sure how the cleans will sound on it, or how the crunchy tone will follow through.

I play things like:
Protest The Hero
Parkway Drive
All That Remains
August Burns Red
Scale The Summit
Between The Buried And Me
Periphery
Defeater
Have Heart
For The Fallen Dreams
The Ghost Inside
I haven't tried either, but I know the C-1 has really good Duncan passive pickups and the other one has active.

I was going to buy the C-1 since I prefer passive pickups as I feel they have more character. The C-1 will be more versatile, and people praise it's cleans. The Blackjack will be more suited for Heavier music.

I would go with the C-1 (I actually was going to buy one) but I decided to switch to bass at the last moment.
I play a majority of heavy music, but I plan on writing music that has that heavy drop-tuned metalcore-ish style, with progressive cleans with tapping and sweeping. So that's what I'm unsure of. Which will be better when it comes to clean and distorted soloing? Tapping and sweeping?
Last edited by yoimer06 at May 18, 2011,
Voting on adding the Schecter C1 Hellfire to the mix
GUITARS:
PRS Custom 24 (Black Slate 10 top w/birds)
ESP E-II Horizon NT-III (RDB)
ESP Eclipse II - Snow White

AMPS:
Mesa Rectoverb combo
Go with the custom they realy are amazing for the $$
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey