ok soo the way i hold my pick looks normal, but when i alternate pick fast my index finger hits the other strings and it scratches and iritates my finger. is this commun or normal? thnx in advanced
Agile Septor Elite 727
Peavey 6505+
Practice playing right then.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
why do you have 'walk with me in hell' of all LoG songs? blood of the scribe, set to fail, ashes of the wake, redneck, hourglass and laid to rest would all go before it imo. great song, just not as good as the rest.

ot: how can your index hit other strings? don't you hold your pick with your index and thumb?
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
I got a paper cut on my finger today and I have no idea how. It just sort of 'appeared'.

But to answer your question you just need more practice. Maybe wear a plaster over the part of your finger which catches the string in the meantime?
Run a high powered electric current through that string. It might cause some crazy feedback, but after the first hundred shocks, maybe you'll learn not to hit your finger off the damn string.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
That's not what your mother said.

That's right. You aint the only one working with cows.

DOUBLE MOM JOKE!

Try digging your pick in less. Also take the pain until you learn, else you'll always play with a plaster on!
My fingernail on my index finger is actually thinner than my other finger from playing guitar. It's never really bothered me though. Grow a pair OP.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
i think its cuz i use jazz 3 picks, cuz theyr soo small i have to hold it more down, and it only hits when i hit like the 3 thick strings while i pick em , like for break downs for example
Agile Septor Elite 727
Peavey 6505+
Quote by smokeysteve22
Grow up TS your such a fucking fail already in your life.

Grow a pair and come back.

Bitch

This guy knows what the ****'s up.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by BURNTHEPRIEST94
i think its cuz i use jazz 3 picks, cuz theyr soo small i have to hold it more down, and it only hits when i hit like the 3 thick strings while i pick em , like for break downs for example

Well use some normal fucking picks.
Ibanez AW200 ( Discontinued )
Jackson DKMGT Black
Squire Telecaster Classic Vibe 50's w/ Noiseless Specials
SX Bass ( Vintage Series Custom Hand Made )
-----------------------------
Roland Cube 30x
Peavey Classic 30----Boss RC-2
Quote by BURNTHEPRIEST94

Ain't the size, bramen noodles, it's how you use it.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by BURNTHEPRIEST94

I use them and I don't have that problem.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by TomusAM
Real guitarists finger pick.

Real guitarists are too busy getting laid to play guitar.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.