Hi, I'm new here, so hi.

Anyways I picked one of these up on craigslist, its amazing, way better than the modern plastic crappy ones. The screen can be a bit screwy, but it works great anyways.

Any other RP-1 owners out there?
I found a Digitech RP200 in some of my brother's old shit and was wondering if getting a replacement adapter for it is worth it? Good distortion pedal or no? I dunno, I have no other pedals at the moment (Spilled beer on my bro's Line 6 POD... what a tragedy )
Aren't adapters like $12 Shipped from Musicians Friend? I would say it is worth it. If all else fails, I think you could sell the whole pedal + adapter for more than the adapter price.
Quote by Wylde_Life
Aren't adapters like $12 Shipped from Musicians Friend? I would say it is worth it. If all else fails, I think you could sell the whole pedal + adapter for more than the adapter price.

Yeah, I suppose I wouldn't be throwing too much out there for nothing, if it doesn't work. Hell, why not? The only thing is I can't sell it, at least without the bro's permission of course.
Quote by Norse Thrasher
Yeah, I suppose I wouldn't be throwing too much out there for nothing, if it doesn't work. Hell, why not? The only thing is I can't sell it, at least without the bro's permission of course.

Do the RP200's use the AC Plug or the 9v DC plug? I think it was the AC IIRC, I have a BP200 that uses AC, and an RP50 that uses the 9v DC.

If it happens to be DC, you could use an adapter from one of your other pedals. They aren't the best effects out there, but they are decent.

I don't play with many effects aside from Fuzz/Distortion/OD, but every once in a while I like to play stuff that use Delay or Flanger effects, and that is where my RP50 comes into use, I also use it if I want to play Metal stuff. I dont play any high gain stuff live or for recording, so sounding perfect isn't a concern, so it gets the job done for bedroom stuff. But in all honesty, my modeling units hardly get any use, I still prefer to run through seperate effects when possible.

EDIT: Sorry TS, this is all un-related to your RP-1.
Last edited by Wylde_Life at May 18, 2011,
Quote by Wylde_Life
Do the RP200's use the AC Plug or the 9v DC plug? I think it was the AC IIRC, I have a BP200 that uses AC, and an RP50 that uses the 9v DC.

If it happens to be DC, you could use an adapter from one of your other pedals. They aren't the best effects out there, but they are decent.

I don't play with many effects aside from Fuzz/Distortion/OD, but every once in a while I like to play stuff that use Delay or Flanger effects, and that is where my RP50 comes into use, I also use it if I want to play Metal stuff. I dont play any high gain stuff live or for recording, so sounding perfect isn't a concern, so it gets the job done for bedroom stuff. But in all honesty, my modeling units hardly get any use, I still prefer to run through seperate effects when possible.

EDIT: Sorry TS, this is all un-related to your RP-1.

It's 9vAC 1300mA. Looks like I'm ordering.
Yeah what I play is just bedroom stuff so I don't need absolute perfection, no recording here.
Quote by bouncintophish
Hi, I'm new here, so hi.

Anyways I picked one of these up on craigslist, its amazing, way better than the modern plastic crappy ones. The screen can be a bit screwy, but it works great anyways.

Any other RP-1 owners out there?

Hi all, I'm very new, just joined. Recently got the RP155, for me I'm a bit dissapointed, it has a lot of tones, and I feel like I could spend the rest of my life messing around with all the parameters, but just can't find the tone I'm looking for,
starting to wonder how much the guitar itself influences the RP's sound output, I'm using a Strat copy, which is quite pleasing with the exception of that elusive tone, maybe a $3000 guitar might provide it, even got a set of GFS mean 90's pups, put those in my SG copy, I assembled this from a kit with a set neck and originally a pair of HB pups of unknown origin, still hasn't got the tone, in case your wondering what is this tone, well the only way I can describe it is, if you have heard the electric violin playing the most powerful sweet tones, that's about the only way I can compare, I can only guess some degree of over drive is needed, but I find the 155 is too over driven, maybe in a few months I might find it hidden in a complex adjustment of many paramaters on this RP155, if I do I'll post it here, BTW I'm using SS amps and a tube amp, one at a time of course..
Quote by drinnen
Hi all, I'm very new, just joined. Recently got the RP155, for me I'm a bit dissapointed, it has a lot of tones, and I feel like I could spend the rest of my life messing around with all the parameters, but just can't find the tone I'm looking for,
starting to wonder how much the guitar itself influences the RP's sound output, I'm using a Strat copy, which is quite pleasing with the exception of that elusive tone, maybe a $3000 guitar might provide it, even got a set of GFS mean 90's pups, put those in my SG copy, I assembled this from a kit with a set neck and originally a pair of HB pups of unknown origin, still hasn't got the tone, in case your wondering what is this tone, well the only way I can describe it is, if you have heard the electric violin playing the most powerful sweet tones, that's about the only way I can compare, I can only guess some degree of over drive is needed, but I find the 155 is too over driven, maybe in a few months I might find it hidden in a complex adjustment of many paramaters on this RP155, if I do I'll post it here, BTW I'm using SS amps and a tube amp, one at a time of course..

What amps are you using? Modelers are really made to make the sound of a full setup, so when you have it model after another amp, and then run it into your amp, you are getting two different amp tones. When I run any of my RP's, I run them into a cheap Fender Rumble bass amp using the aux. connection, then it doesn't use the amp's "tone" and gives the clearest symbol, then just adjust the volume on the RP unit. I also have used mine through a TV/DVD Stereo System with good results.

They aren't perfect, and I doubt anyone would ever use one for their "signature" sound, but for practice and bedroom heroes, they get the job done.
Quote by Wylde_Life
What amps are you using? Modelers are really made to make the sound of a full setup, so when you have it model after another amp, and then run it into your amp, you are getting two different amp tones. When I run any of my RP's, I run them into a cheap Fender Rumble bass amp using the aux. connection, then it doesn't use the amp's "tone" and gives the clearest symbol, then just adjust the volume on the RP unit. I also have used mine through a TV/DVD Stereo System with good results.

They aren't perfect, and I doubt anyone would ever use one for their "signature" sound, but for practice and bedroom heroes, they get the job done.

One of the SS amps is a Vox DA5, the other SS is pretty much unknown, the tube amp is the Epiphone vj combo, no aux only 3 spkr impedance output jacks, I understand what you are saying, even using h/phones seems to make no difference either, maybe I'm getting closer to an amp I've been thinking about for awhile now, and I might just holler for a Marshall all tube amp, I don't need truckloads of watts, as I'm just a bedroom player, but tone for me is very important, almost an obsession, thanks for your reply Wylde_Life.
Quote by drinnen
Hi all, I'm very new, just joined. Recently got the RP155, for me I'm a bit dissapointed, it has a lot of tones, and I feel like I could spend the rest of my life messing around with all the parameters, but just can't find the tone I'm looking for,..... I can only guess some degree of over drive is needed, but I find the 155 is too over driven, maybe in a few months I might find it hidden in a complex adjustment of many paramaters on this RP155, if I do I'll post it here, BTW I'm using SS amps and a tube amp, one at a time of course..
Try changing your amp model to "direct" and use the distortion stompboxes. I've found that the stomp box distortion (especially OD) on the RP155 is close to an analog equivilent.
Quote by drinnen
One of the SS amps is a Vox DA5, the other SS is pretty much unknown, the tube amp is the Epiphone vj combo, no aux only 3 spkr impedance output jacks, I understand what you are saying, even using h/phones seems to make no difference either, maybe I'm getting closer to an amp I've been thinking about for awhile now, and I might just holler for a Marshall all tube amp, I don't need truckloads of watts, as I'm just a bedroom player, but tone for me is very important, almost an obsession, thanks for your reply Wylde_Life.

Yeah, chances are you are starting to distinguish what you actually want from a setup, so modelers start to become obsolete for you

For the first few years of my playing, I loved the tone from my RP50, but then I got more serious about tone and started actually listening to other's tone and testing higher end gear, I soon did not like my RP50 anymore. I use my BP200 just because Bass is a second instrument for me and it was available cheap.
Yes. If it has any sort of cabinet simulation or the like, you need to set it to match your amp set up or turn it off.

The presets often have an associated EQ setting that may need to be tweaked. When using multi-FX, I generally turn the EQ and compressor off until I find a setting within that preset I like. Then I try to build from there with the other effects and parameters.
Quote by fly135
Try changing your amp model to "direct" and use the distortion stompboxes. I've found that the stomp box distortion (especially OD) on the RP155 is close to an analog equivilent.

Well I had not even thought about that, I'll give it a try, been using the Xedit and
I really need to make some written notes, it gets a bit confusing or I'm getting tone deaf, so many sound near identical, thanks fly135.
Quote by Wylde_Life
Yeah, chances are you are starting to distinguish what you actually want from a setup, so modelers start to become obsolete for you

For the first few years of my playing, I loved the tone from my RP50, but then I got more serious about tone and started actually listening to other's tone and testing higher end gear, I soon did not like my RP50 anymore. I use my BP200 just because Bass is a second instrument for me and it was available cheap.

Looks like this is where things start to get more expensive each move, a bit like hotting up a car, but within reason that elusive tone is a challenge.

thanks again Wylde_Life..
Quote by irnmadn88
Yes. If it has any sort of cabinet simulation or the like, you need to set it to match your amp set up or turn it off.

The presets often have an associated EQ setting that may need to be tweaked. When using multi-FX, I generally turn the EQ and compressor off until I find a setting within that preset I like. Then I try to build from there with the other effects and parameters.

Interesting, I'll try these suggestions, it's always been a mystery to me as to what gives this tone I'm obsessed with, it would be interesting to get a survey from more experience guitarists, and ask what they thought was the turning point, was it a $5000 guitar, a $5000 amp, $1000 on other accessories, some would probably say all of the above, oh well one day I might just find it, thanks for your input irnmadn88.
Quote by NorthAfrican38
I heard that RP-1 was like... not as good as the one i told you to buy.
GO AWAY DAVID <3