Hello UG. I'm your basic everyday guitar n00b and I was hoping for some help. I'm looking to get a new guitar and was hoping for some suggestions.

I listen to a wide variety of music so I was hoping for something that would allow me a wide variety of tones. Things I listen to include: Avenged Sevenfold, Four Year Strong, Rise Against, Megadeth, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, etc... Oh and I hardly ever tune lower than drop D, if that helps.

My budget's floating around $800. I'd definitely like to keep it under $1,000.

I use a basic nothing special marshall amp and a Boss ME-70 multi-effects pedal (incase anyone wanted to know).

I was considering getting an Ibanez, but I really have no idea where to start.

Thanks in advance!
Man the best thing to do is go to your local shop and try everything out and see what you like
I agree. If you have no idea where to start, just go to a shop and try a bunch of guitars. Make sure you try a MIJ Ibanez, not just the cheaper Korean/Indonesian/Chinese ones. For that kind of music you'll probably get suggestions for LTD, and I would also say try to find a Schecter C-1 Classic. They're discontinued, but you can easily get one for $500 used and they're probably the only Schecter I've ever really wanted to buy.

That being said, I'm kind of an Ibanez *****.

I have 3, discontinued, MIJ Ibanezes and I would definitely suggest them. I got the RG570 for $380 used in near-mint condition, and the RG7421 for $350 with Dimarzios. The 2120X cost me $750 with upgraded Dimarzios, but it is a rare Prestige model.

So... yeah, go try a bunch of guitars!
Yeah you realy need to go check them out in a store, but when you do check out some Humbucker equiped guitars.
A7X uses Schecter guitars, Jimmy Page used Gibson LP's and Fender Tellicasters, Metallica has uses just about everything but are endorsed now by ESP,Four Years Strong uses Gibson LP's and SG's, Rise Against uses Gibson LP's, Dave Mustaine uses Deans nowdays.
This should help you in your search.
Do you have an amp? If not you may want to consider a modeling type amp Peavey , Vox, Fender, and Line 6 are just a few of the more popular ones. It will let you sound diecent at many styles of music.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate