An organized and well thought out plan to practice where you are just given 1 hour per day to do.

or

a loose schedule where you just do whatever in a long period of time
(Maybe 8 hours a day)?

Give your opinion Pit
First one

Fucking around for 8 hours a day on guitar is just going to lead to CTS faster and no skills gained from it
I do a semi-organized schedule, I set aside at least a half hour each day to practice and then I play extra if I have time/want to, sometimes I only play for a half hour and other days I play for hours.
Quote by darkcheef
First one

Fucking around for 8 hours a day on guitar is just going to lead to CTS faster and no skills gained from it

CTS? Not familiar with this term.
first one. set aside at least an hour to practice properly.

this doesnt mean youre just playing guitar for an hour, you gotta actually practice something set. like scales, or a song you are learning, or fingerpicking skills. for that 1 hour, be serious about it. and then after that you can still play guitar, but take a more relaxed feel to it.
The first one (although, you don't have to limit yourself to just 1 hour. Just go with the flow, man; practice however long you want, but try to make it a daily thing).
Well think of it this way
If your arm is just spazing out on your fretboard for 8 hours, you're going to make no progress whatsoever.
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Quote by Jon777
The first one (although, you don't have to limit yourself to just 1 hour. Just go with the flow, man; practice however long you want, but try to make it a daily thing).

Well I only have 1 hour to practice

A lot of people have 8 hours to burn to practice

Practicing properly and with careful thought of what you want to do will yield better results if ever than someone just ****ing around for 8 hours?

So it doesn't matter how much time I have as long as it is well planned?
Quote by gothblade
Well I only have 1 hour to practice

A lot of people have 8 hours to burn to practice

Practicing properly and with careful thought of what you want to do will yield better results if ever than someone just ****ing around for 8 hours?

So it doesn't matter how much time I have as long as it is well planned?

As long as you practice properly during your well planned hour will work too.

Does not make sense to practice your scales poorly and expect good results is an example of what I mean.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by rock.freak667
As long as you practice properly during your well planned hour will work too.

Does not make sense to practice your scales poorly and expect good results is an example of what I mean.

Yeah well my former teacher told me to just...spazz out on scales lol

I really thought it wasn't a good idea.

So I thought maybe people got good just by playing guitar without anything planned.