Hey i have a boss tu-3 chromatic tuner, i could probably have bought a new one for the price of all the batterie ive bought. At first i realised i needed to plug out the jack when i was done playing (it's my first pedal) so i thought it was just that. But it still drains batteries. I bought a brand new battery, played with the guitar with the tuner in for about 15 minutes, then plugged out the tuner. the next day the battery was dead.

I delivered the pedal to my local music shop where i bought it, the guy said that he put a new battery in the pedal and let it stay on for the entire night, and the next day it was still power left in it, so nothing was wrong. but i came home with a new battery now and the same thing happens.
Atm i can't afford paying for the pedal being repaired+ according to them nothing is wrong with it
So does anyone know a way i can find out myself what is wrong? and fix it?
And yes i am aware i can just buy a charger, but i don't want to have to depend on always having a charger for my pedal, that shouldnt be neccesary.
Solution: return the tuner for a peach. The batteries in my Polytune lasts months. Why don't you bring it back to the guy for more than 1 day and tell him to test it over a few days?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Just take it back, and have them exchange it for another one. I've never had a problem like that with any of my BOSS pedals.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Oldmonkeys
which cable are you pulling out? the input one or the output one?

+1
I was just thinking the same thing.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
The same thing happened to me with my BOSS MetalZone. I pulled the jacks out everytime and it dies after about less than week of playing. I never returned it becuase i got an adapter, but i think it's a defect some pedals have.
Is it simple to fix something like this with a pedal? i would like to try doing it myself, anyone that knows how to that can instruct me? :P
I have the same Pedal and my batteries last longer.

You've a faulty unit.
Gear: Fender Custom 3 Pickup Telecaster, Fender American Std Telecaster ('10 3burst), Fender Kurt Cobain Jag, Gibson Les Paul Std ('97 Honeyburst), Orange Tiny Terror HW + PPC112, Marshall JCM-1H, Vox Night Train NT15H, Fender Champ 600.