You should expand on nother one. I really liked the ideas in that, but the guitars were out of tune with each other and the rhythm overpowered the lead to where you could barely decipher it. Were you using your mesa for those?
Quote by sexybacon
You should expand on nother one. I really liked the ideas in that, but the guitars were out of tune with each other and the rhythm overpowered the lead to where you could barely decipher it. Were you using your mesa for those?

Nah all the tracks were recorded using a Digitech RP500 effects station and Cubase LE4 recording software, RP500 is plugged into my computer via USB, so unfortunately there's no actual amps being used, everything is digital. Alas, I live in a tiny apartment, can't blast a half stack in here, lol.

Also, the strings on my Gibson SG are older than dirt, def. need to be replaced, also due for a setup on it as well. I'm still not that proficient with Cubase, either so that has alot to do with the volume, could def. use some cleaning up.

Thanks for the reply. Good ears, by the way.
I like the composition, the cleans are superb! Try programming drums over it, man!
But my gripe with this is that the distorted tones are...well...bad. Send a DRY signal to your DAW via USB, and use VST ampsims. That should work. Adding a drumkit, a bass and better tones will make this a KILLER song! Cheers!

Crit mine, please: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1443295
Quote by TubeAmp89
I like the composition, the cleans are superb! Try programming drums over it, man!
But my gripe with this is that the distorted tones are...well...bad. Send a DRY signal to your DAW via USB, and use VST ampsims. That should work. Adding a drumkit, a bass and better tones will make this a KILLER song! Cheers!

Crit mine, please: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1443295

Thanks dude. Yeah, I'm not exactly pleased with the distorted tones either, but it's all I really have to work with at the moment. It's hard getting rid of that digital, compressed sound, something to work towards in the future.

How exactly do you program drums? Never tried it before, what does it involve?

Also, your song kicks ass.
Dude I use Superior 2.0 but in the past I have used Acoustica Beatcraft and EZ Drummer to great success!

And trust me man you DON'T need high level equipment to sound good on record. Use your Digitech as a USB interface, bypass ALL effects(yeah, EVERYTHING, NO distortion reverb nothing) and use VST ampsims. There are plenty of resources online about VST plugins, go through them, and you'll be set. It isn't rocket science, if I could do it, ANYONE can

Cheers!
Quote by TubeAmp89
Dude I use Superior 2.0 but in the past I have used Acoustica Beatcraft and EZ Drummer to great success!

And trust me man you DON'T need high level equipment to sound good on record. Use your Digitech as a USB interface, bypass ALL effects(yeah, EVERYTHING, NO distortion reverb nothing) and use VST ampsims. There are plenty of resources online about VST plugins, go through them, and you'll be set. It isn't rocket science, if I could do it, ANYONE can

Cheers!

Hmmm, now I'm interested, I'll have to check out these VST ampsims. Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
i only listened to the first
i thought the clean riff was really awesome. but the distorted riffs werent as much. they were a little average? i say play that acoustically
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
i only listened to the first
i thought the clean riff was really awesome. but the distorted riffs werent as much. they were a little average? i say play that acoustically

Cool, thanks for the feedback. What was the name, though? lol, I don't know if the songs load in the same order all the time.