Page 1 of 2
So I'm going over to Europe for about 40 days and do not want to look like the average American tourist. Here is what I think European fashion is like from talking to people who have lived there for a bit.
1. Clothes are tight fitting (unlike in the u.s.).
2. leather shoes are in, no tennis shoes.
3. absolutely no shorts
4. "designer" jeans

My main question is what shoes will look good like if I were to go a club? Do they really wear "dress" leather shoes or will a pair of street Nikes work?
They all wear pillowcases and tissue boxes on their feet...

Seriously though, "they" aren't a different species man.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by y0d4
So I'm going over to Europe for about 40 days and do not want to look like the average American tourist. Here is what I think European fashion is like from talking to people who have lived there for a bit.
3. absolutely no shorts
4. "designer" jeans

My main question is what shoes will look good like if I were to go a club? Do they really wear "dress" leather shoes or will a pair of street Nikes work?

Casual wear is pretty much exactly the same as in the US.

The only exception is that some countries (for instance Spain) DO require you to wear dress shoes into clubs. Loafers are also acceptable.

Other than that, wear sneakers, hi-tops, sandals, the innards of a baby tyrannosaurus rex, whatever.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
They all wear pillowcases and tissue boxes on their feet...

Seriously though, "they" aren't a different species man.

Um, really?

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:
i thought royalty wore suits of armor and shit, and regular people wore rags and were literally covered in shit.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Street Nikes will be fine if they're not yellow and red with huge soles. Simple white, blue or black street models are okay. Young people also wear what you'd call a hybrid between leather shoes and sneakers (although they look more like close-fitting classy sneakers), often black. Hard to explain, I was absolutely unable to find anything similar when I was in North Carolina.

You are right in saying that clothes are worn more tight fitting than in the US, but don't overdo it. Straight leg jeans, a white/black/blue shirt and decent street shoes will do just fine if you're going to a club. People do wear leather shoes in clubs, but it's your choice and it's not a rule set in stone. Absolutely no shorts of course, but for walking in the streets it's totally okay. So are sports tennis shoes.

Oh yeah and this probably goes only for major French cities, especially Paris. Might be different in Southern Europe, etc.
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
oh, and don't forget the usual European beach wear:

Quote by Astyan
Street Nikes will be fine if they're not yellow and red with huge soles. Simple white, blue or black street models are okay. Young people also wear what you'd call a hybrid between leather shoes and sneakers (although they look more like close-fitting classy sneakers), often black. Hard to explain, I was absolutely unable to find anything similar when I was in North Carolina.

You are right in saying that clothes are worn more tight fitting than in the US, but don't overdo it. Straight leg jeans, a white/black/blue shirt and decent street shoes will do just fine if you're going to a club. People do wear leather shoes in clubs, but it's your choice and it's not a rule set in stone. Absolutely no shorts of course, but for walking in the streets it's totally okay. So are sports tennis shoes.

These things only go for france. In Germany and Austria, nobody gives a crap what you wear, and tons of people wear shorts to clubs here with bright-colored sneakers.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at May 19, 2011,
Quote by y0d4

3. absolutely no shorts
4. "designer" jeans

So basically, dress like a flaming homo.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
The people on the continent of Europe dress like shit. Germans, Belgians, French. So you can wear whatever the **** you want and still come out on top in those horrific countries.

Oh you're american. You'll be average I guess.

And yes, because wearing clothes that fit and actually look good is being gay and wearing a potato sack and mismatched clothes are clearly being straight and not just being a ****ing retard.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by CoreysMonster
oh, and don't forget the usual European beach wear:

These things only go for france. In Germany and Austria, nobody gives a crap what you wear, and tons of people wear shorts to clubs here with bright-colored sneakers.

Wish I was going to Austria and Germany lol.
People over there wear their clothes backwards. And shoes on their hands and gloves on the feet!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by CoreysMonster
Casual wear is pretty much exactly the same as in the US.

The only exception is that some countries (for instance Spain) DO require you to wear dress shoes into clubs. Loafers are also acceptable.

Other than that, wear sneakers, hi-tops, sandals, the innards of a baby tyrannosaurus rex, whatever.

Lol, last time I lived in Spain (which will be the last 10 YEARS) I never heard such a stupidity. You are not allowed into a club/bar/resturant/disco without a t-shirt, but shoes are optional.
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
Quote by y0d4

In the UK if you go to a "good" club they usually have rules banning trainers of any kind. Some also specify no jeans but those are generally the more "upmarket" clubs, I've also been to one where you needed a collared shirt.

NB: By "good" I mean a club where you won't get stabbed.
For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
I'm from England and I always wear shorts and tennis shoes and that's not common, but it's not weird either
It's not how big your pencil is; it's how you write your name.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Just wear decent shirts, pants, & shoes. Jesus, it's not terribly difficult to dress well.
Yeah seriously. I'm sure as long as you're not wearing a football jersey, pink tights, and not waving an American flag around, no one will probably notice you, you damn foreigner. (I kid about the "foreigner" part; I'm foreign too )
Wear jeans and a shirt like normal people do here in North America. I hate it when douche bags try and over dress.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Don't try to fit in. Be as American as you possibly can. Be proud of where you're from. Shove it in their faces.
Quote by Tim the Rocker
Lol, last time I lived in Spain (which will be the last 10 YEARS) I never heard such a stupidity. You are not allowed into a club/bar/resturant/disco without a t-shirt, but shoes are optional.

It sure as hell was like that in Alicante

Seriously, my friends were all dressed up and had sneakers on, and were not let in. I was wearing a hawaii shirt and dress shoes and they said I could enter.

Silly Spaniards.

EDIT: I now realise that that might have been Alicante's way of fucking with tourists.

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by CoreysMonster at May 19, 2011,
Quote by element4433
People over there wear their clothes backwards. And shoes on their hands and gloves on the feet!

And hats on their butts and thongs on their faces and socks on their ears.
They've just invented clothing in most parts of Europe. Especially in the more civilised Western part of Europe. But you'll be fine wearing bear fur or tree bark anywhere in the EU.
pffft why do you want to try to emulate those namby pambys?

heres what you do TS. you get yourself a jean jacket, american flag banana, a bruce springsteen t-shirt, and a pair of tight fitting jeans with the knees ripped out. whatever restaurant you go to, order nothing but burgers and fries. whenever you have to interact with the foreigners, make sure you talk really slowly and really loudly so they can understand you. also dont trust any of those local gross beers they will try to pawn off on you. insist on quality, insist on budwiser. if they dont have it, complain loudly. remember, you are the customer and the customer is always right.

you gotta represent yo.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Dress like a normal person. Most people here in Europe do this and it seems to work well.
Quote by CFH82
Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ
The only difference is that Englishmen have automatically air-conditioned feet; must've been the reason that they didn't have a ****ing pair of more summer-friendly shoes.

America have thrusted his dick on Europe too much during the 20th century, so as an American, you'll be fine; just remember, Europeans are more reserved. In Norway, if a stranger talks to us, he's either drunk, American, or both.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at May 19, 2011,
Dude, just wear the stuff you normally wear. Thanks to globalization, internationalism, world culture and all that fancy stuff, western cultures at least dress pretty much the same all around the world.

Going to a club:

- going to an indie/rock club or bar (I personally prefer that): Mostly there is no dress code, because they want to set them apart from all the "wanna-be-exclusive"-clubs, which leads us to...

- going to an "exclusive / hot-people-only"-club: Dress code requires a longsleeve button shirt, some nice jeans (not necessarily designer, just not baggy) and a pair of nice shoes (can't go wrong with leather). Don't look like (for lack of a better word) a typical metal fan. No long hair, no beard. I didn't mean to insult metal fans, I just wanted to say "You have to look conformist and look exactly like all the "beautiful and cool" people in those fashion magazines".
And BTW, all the above mentioned things still won't get you anywhere if you don't have girl with you. Try to ask some nice ladies before the club if they could tell the bouncer that you're with them. Perhaps they'll even want to get to know you better...

I am from central europe and these are my experiances.
You can literally wear whatever you want. No one will care.
If you really want to look European though, avoid baggy clothing. That's about it. When I walk around I can hardly tell who's American and who isn't.
Also, dress like a hipster. There are loads of hipsters around here.
lots of baybery (sp) and tight dumb hilfiger shirts. also sneakers with black socks.
Quote by e-taubs
lots of baybery (sp) and tight dumb hilfiger shirts. also sneakers with black socks.

He wants to look European, not like a dickhead.
Quote by Baby Joel
He wants to look European, not like a dickhead.

Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

For god's sake we don't all dress the same!!

How can anyone look 'European?!' Europe consists of what, 50 countries?!
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
We don't want americans here.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Page 1 of 2