I just got this email, and I have no idea as to if or if not it is legit and really from hotmail or is someone trying to hack my info. The link leads to the Hotmail sign in page which makes me think it might be real but I'm not sure.

Has anyone else got this email too?

Subject : Hotmail - [Account Alert]

dear ********@hotmail.com

This e-mail has been sent to you by Hotmail to inform you that your account will be deactivated within the next 24 hours due to several unsuccessful login attemps on your account.

To prevent this to happen please login securely to our activation link below:

//login.hotmail.com/config/login_verify2?puser=*********@hotmail.com">//login.hotmail.com/config/login_verify2?puser=*********@hotmail.com">https://login.hotmail.com/config/login_verify2?puser=*********@hotmail.com

If you have already confirmed your information then please disregard this message.

Regards,
Hotmail member services.

© 2011 Windows Live inc.

one of my biggest suspicions is that that spelt attempts wrong.
Even though I haven't used it since I was about 14, I'm pretty sure Hotmail will never email you asking you to verify your account or password. It's junk dude, delete like shit like a bowss.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
It be fake
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
It's fake, brother. Don't sweat it.
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
Quote by guio/billie-joe
The link leads to the Hotmail sign in page which makes me think it might be real

if something like this makes you sign in again if you're already logged on then it's probably fake
cat

That's so fake, man. They're deactivating your account due to many unsuccessful login attempts? Does that even make sense?

Quote by G.Krizzel
Agreed.

Someone wants to get your IP adress.

1337-h4xX0ring 101.

Nah, your IP address is readily visible to web servers anyways, (the internet wouldn't work otherwise,) if someone wanted your IP, they'd just set up a small site for you to visit.

They're most likely trying to jack your account to use it as a spam sending account.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at May 19, 2011,
It's phishing. They design webpages to look exactly like other ones, but they just log your information and redirect you, so when you enter your usernames and passwords, they get them.