Hello pit,

If you had all the power in the world to manipulate any music genre, what do you think is the best course of action for music(any genre) to go forward/progress/reach a new level?

Would you replace the mainstream music we now hear?
Will you just obscure and/or erase every metal band known to man?
Will you let all hipsters grow beards and let them listen to jazz music 24/7?

Give your view pit
Death to all but Metal!

But seriously, it will go where it wants to go, we merely can try to push it in certain directions.
Last edited by mishax92 at May 19, 2011,
Quote by Duffman123
Leave it and let it progress itself.

Agreed.

There is some music out there that simply... I can't even find words for how much they "abuse" music in my opinion (like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2iDkf1SAWY ) but, come on... Everyone should do what they want to and have fun if they want to. Noone is making me listen to them. And by hating, you just advertise them even more.
id leave everything as it is, theres no point in replacing chart music because whatever you replace it with would eventually be dumbed down for the simpleton general public.

As long as im not forced to listen to 'slap mah hoes then gets some fat blunts' im quite happy with where music is these days
Id make everyone listen to jazz. He who would dare listen to something thats not in 7/8 will be death sentenced...to death.

But seriously, I wouldnt want to control it. It will develop on its own and none of us will have control on it.

Just kidding, id totally make everyone my jazz slaves.
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

Tone colour should be used as part of the art. Anyone who writes something with just a single piano or guitar would be hit in their hideous minimalistic face.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
I'd force everyone to listen to a bit of everything via a single chip installation into their brain. Then let them decide what they like. I find it's usually people slagging something off that they never REALLY listened to.
Check out my fitness blog here
Quote by whalepudding
Tone colour should be used as part of the art. Anyone who writes something with just a single piano or guitar would be hit in their hideous minimalistic face.

Id love to see you kick Chopin's ass. That twat..how dare he
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

Quote by Joey-Tribiani
Id love to see you kick Chopin's ass. That twat..how dare he

You'd love to see me exhume the decomposed remains of a long dead composer, and kick it repeatedly? You horrible, sick, probably masturbating person.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at May 19, 2011,
Quote by whalepudding

While I agree that tone colour is important, and it's one of my favourite aspects of music, I think it's close minded to say any solo instrument is crap. There're some fantastic solo guitar and piano pieces that I think have fantastic tone colour (Buckethead's Electric Tears, all of Chopin and Rachmoninov, etc).
I'd leave it alone. Too much energy and time is focused on progress when nothing has yet been mastered. Truth be told, I don't care if music progresses much, at least until the genres we have now are mastered. There's still plenty of room within what we have now to make awesome shit.
Quote by whalepudding
You'd love to see me exhume the decomposed remains of a long dead composer, and kick it repeatedly? You horrible, sick, probably currently sexually aroused person.

What does exhume mean?
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union

Quote by Joey-Tribiani
What does exhume mean?

Dig up, in this case, to dig up the body. You sick, sick person.
Check out my fitness blog here
Quote by maiden_man_666
Dig up, in this case, to dig up the body. You sick, sick person.

I dont even know where hes buried..Well need a map or something.
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union

It would progress with me being in a successful band of my making.
Aside from that, let it go where it wants. There's so much music out there I dislike, but I only dislike it because I've heard it. If I ignore it, it wont bother me, and I'll be happy doing what I want, with people choosing to either ignore me or like me.