I was excited because I got a good deal on it and now its on the way. I recently saw that there were fake Les Pauls and other guitars being sold on eBay (where I got the Hellraiser), and now I'm a little worried because the seller was new with 0 feedback. There are things to look for on a Les Paul to tell if its legit so I was curious if you could do the same with a Hellraiser or any guitar. I do not have the guitar yet, but these were the only pictures on the posting:

Thanks ahead!!
to me it looks legit actually. idk why you doubt it. oh and actualy on the fake stuff and LPs. that's because most of the kids want LPs and with a low price genuine Gibson LP they just jump on it without thinking twice. I don't see the point in making a fake Hellraiser cause A. it's not as popular as LP, B. cheesy kids don't go after Hellraisers as they go after LPs C. LPs' prices are high enough so selling a half priced thing is quite a deal in the buyer's eye and also you get some nice money. and D. hellraiser sells for 700-900 bux, you could make a fake one and sell it for 400-600 but nobody'd get one,they go for around 400-500 used and it's not that far from buying the brand new one so chances of somebody choosing to buy it from you instaed of somebody else are low cause you're not offering something big, selling it for less than 400 is already not worth the effort...

Headstocks are usually the biggest give away. When you get it check out the serial number etc. with Schecter to make sure it's legit.

At a first glance from those pictures it looks ok - if not someone has gone to a lot of effort/expense putting pickups in it/faking stickers
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Nobody fakes a shecter. Pics are definately legit. Hopefully it is the same guitar you receive. NEVER buy a guitar from somebody with 0 feedback.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
Looks like the Hellraiser I have

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Quote by Vendetta V
to me it looks legit actually. idk why you doubt it. oh and actualy on the fake stuff and LPs. that's because most of the kids want LPs and with a low price genuine Gibson LP they just jump on it without thinking twice. I don't see the point in making a fake Hellraiser cause A. it's not as popular as LP, B. cheesy kids don't go after Hellraisers as they go after LPs C. LPs' prices are high enough so selling a half priced thing is quite a deal in the buyer's eye and also you get some nice money. and D. hellraiser sells for 700-900 bux, you could make a fake one and sell it for 400-600 but nobody'd get one,they go for around 400-500 used and it's not that far from buying the brand new one so chances of somebody choosing to buy it from you instaed of somebody else are low cause you're not offering something big, selling it for less than 400 is already not worth the effort...

Seriously?
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the comments. I had run across a lot of those sites like tootoomart.com and I was getting a little worried because of price I got it for. Thanks again!
Last edited by babalonius508 at May 19, 2011,
Quote by trueamerican
Seriously?

dude only the metalhead kids know about hellraiser, in my country nobody even knows schecter. now if Hellraiser is the trend check the prices onSchecter, then on Gibson. Done it? good! now check what do all those pop stars have on stage: the fake dudes with guitars... Bingo! Gibson. 'nuff said?
Sorry to break out in hipster mode here, but Schecters are a bit less mainstream than Gibsons. Everyone and their mother knows Gibson, but Schecter is strictly metal territory from my experience. You get a bigger audience with Gibsons, so those you have to keep on your toes a little more for. I'm sure your Schecter is fine, TS.
"Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?"

"No..." [laughs, then more emphatically] "No."

"Oh, me neither, man, I was just asking."
Quote by Vendetta V
cheesy kids don't go after Hellraisers as they go after ALL kinds of BR00TALZ, B.C rich, jackson, dean

fix'd
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
That 3 piece neck looks odd, are they all like that?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Looks fine

BUT you should seriously ask for pics to post here BEFORE YOU BUY!
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Geez...

eBay is fine. It's almost impossible to get scammed on ebay nowadays. And even if you do, ebay and paypal both have your back. I've been using ebay pretty frequently for at least 4 years now... I've seen it evolve a little bit. I can almost guarantee that you're fine. Where would one even get a fake Hellraiser anyway? It's not exactly the kind of guitar one would fake.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Tom 1.0

My Hellraiser isn't like that at all.. It's a mahogany body and neck, but it's also the Solo-6 body, not the C1..
When you get it...

- Try scratching off the inlay and/or binding. If it chips off or peels off (sticker), that's a good indicator.
- Check to make sure the pickups are actual EMGs.
- Check the tuners and see if they're stamped with a well-known company's name.
- Check the logo on the headstock, and compare it to pictures online.
- Get the serial number and check it. If there's no way to easily, email Schecter.

If push comes to shove and you're still not sure, you can email Schecter and I'm pretty sure they would be able to identify if the guitar is fake or not for you.
Quote by Tom 1.0

Are you questioning the fact that IS a three-piece neck, or the appearance of it? I can vouch that most set-neck Schecter's I've played are three-piece. But the grain on mine looks like it's quartersawn. The grain (assuming that's what is being reflected in the picture) on that looks diagonal.
Its real /End thread
If its not, It looks damn nice for a fake guitar id be happy either way.
As the guys above said, these second hand are only a couple of hundred bucks so as long as the pickups are real (Which i highly assume they are and this whole thread is an over reaction) It should be a good buy and I hope you enjoy your new axe!
Quote by Offworld92
Geez...

eBay is fine. It's almost impossible to get scammed on ebay nowadays. And even if you do, ebay and paypal both have your back. I've been using ebay pretty frequently for at least 4 years now... I've seen it evolve a little bit. I can almost guarantee that you're fine. Where would one even get a fake Hellraiser anyway? It's not exactly the kind of guitar one would fake.

E-Bay is full of fakes and scammers. I use it all the time, but you have to watch your back for sure. Yes E-Bay and Paypal often times back your purchase, but if you pay for a guitar and you never get anything or it's a fake it's not like they just refund your money. You have to file claims and disputes and don't see your money for weeks or months. I only buy guitars from sellers with perfect feedback and at least a couple hundred transactions.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500