Page 1 of 2
What is your proudest moment, the thing that whenever you think of it feel a bit better about yourself?

Not the best thing I've ever done but when I was 13 I had a friend who was having a bar mitzvah and he asked to me make a speech at it as he considered me his best friend at the time, but his mum said that we hadn't known each other long enough for me to do that, which looking back was a great decision as i had no idea how big a deal a bar mitzvah was, just thought it was gonna be a birthday party thing in front of a few people from our class so I was just going to improvise and make a joke about him or something, then when I got there on the day it was in a massive room in a 5 star hotel with around 300 family and friends there, and when the guy who replaced me made his speech he started crying and so did everyone else because it was such an emotional moment in my friends life, at that moment i experienced pure relief and whenever i think of it now i just feel so so so relieved i wasn't allowed to do it as i could potentially of ruined a big moment in his life.
Last edited by guio/billie-joe at May 19, 2011,
I don't have any.

edit: nvm I thought of something, it doesn't make me feel better but it's the biggest thing I've done. It was my first time dancing solo in front of a large audience and I'd sprained my ankle the week before so I was really scared of falling over or something, but I did okay.
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at May 19, 2011,
I felt pretty awesome when I finished my degree.

That's until I realised that nobody wants to hire a linguistics graduate
doesn't bragging about it negate the good intent?
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

I may have been one of the first to bring the 'you need a new amp' meme to the pit, as a joke from the GG&A.

I'm so sorry.
I killed the bear that ate Oprah Winfrey in 1996.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
There was this girl, see, we knew each other from an old job, and one thing led to another and we started going out. I found out after a month or so that she had never cum during sex before (meaning intercourse -- she got off during other things).

Well....two joints later and with a little bit of coaxing......let's just say, I fixed that. I was truly altruistic that day. Changed her life forever.
I had sex with a really hot girl on a cruise ship. I'm trying to think of something altruistic but honestly I could have saved a flock of babies from a burning munitions dump but I'd still be more proud of having sex with a really hot girl on a cruise ship.
Quote by Lion_Slicer
I had sex with a really hot girl on a cruise ship. I'm trying to think of something altruistic but honestly I could have saved a flock of babies from a burning munitions dump but I'd still be more proud of having sex with a really hot girl on a cruise ship.

I hear you dude.
I'd say the best thing I've ever done is to start succeeding at online poker, as it's always been my dream to find a way to make good money by sitting on my arse eating, drinking, listening to my own music and doing something I love. That's an achievement, I guess
Graduating from Law School has since been my pride and job because I really struggled through it - I'm amazed I got through it.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Playing a gig probably.

Recently it was my standup routine while i was high, maybe it was just the weed but i was sure that i was the funniest guy ever, don't know if a sober person would find it so funny but my friends almost choked from laughter. All the stuff i said just came to my head on the spot, it was so epic.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

That's probably exactly how I'm going to feel in a few months.
Saved a life? Two, in fact. CPR. In both cases I was in a position to arrive on the scene almost instantly and gave CPR until the paramedics arrived.

Now, of course, we carry AED units in the police cars, and I haven't had opportunity to do this in years.
Today I got on a bus with some friends and we started talking about planking. A group of about 5 girls sitting near us (they would have been about 13/14 started talking about it with us. He had a bit of a chat and a laugh. As they were getting off the bus, one of the girls said "Have a nice day planking guy", to which I replied;

"Plank you very much!"

Best thing I have ever done
Two separate things I guess. One is graduating high school. It's not that big of a deal--I was never in danger of not graduating--but looking back, I would hate myself if I didn't walk. I really don't know why it felt so good though.

The other might sound narcissistic, but it's how I feel: being there for my girlfriend. I haven't been the greatest boyfriend, but from what she's told me, I've been a hell of a lot better than her past ones. I think if it wasn't for us getting together when we did, she would have turned really bad. I hate to say anything bad about her, but I'm just being honest.
Quote by SlayingDragons
I may have been one of the first to bring the 'you need a new amp' meme to the pit, as a joke from the GG&A.

I'm so sorry.

You, ChucklesMginty, and HolyKatana have all claimed ownership of that shitty ass meme like it was somehow a good thing.

Chuckles even going so far as to brag about it in his sig.
Stopped my friend from committing suicide. He's now happy and all is fine.

Feels pretty good.
Getting my driver's licence has been the biggest moment in my life so far, bigger than opening my first bank account even.
Quote by guitaro69
thanks Mighty Thor!!!!

Your throne awaits!

Put this in your sig if The Rake scared the living **** out of you.
Not sure if I ever did anything relatively good, but force myself into isolation was good I guess .
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Absolutely not advertising, but completing my Zelda Metal Vol. II album is one of my proudest moments. It has been my dream for like 4 years to have my recordings sound like they do now. I would even consider it a landmark in my life, considering i want to be a record producer, and it is my very first production effort to this standard.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Sure people do! Don't worry, you're a smart girl with a lot going for you, and you can find plenty of jobs with a linguistics degree!

That is, as long as you don't want more Lemon Pledge

But as for myself, I'd say... well, there are so many amazing things that are going to happen in the near future that will blow away everything I've ever done out of the water, but so far I'd say the satisfaction of writing a particular song of mine. I still, after almost a year, go back and listen to it and think "Dayum.. I made that".
Last edited by CoreysMonster at May 19, 2011,
Quote by 12Jim34
Absolutely not advertising, but completing my Zelda Metal Vol. II album is one of my proudest moments. It has been my dream for like 4 years to have my recordings sound like they do now. I would even consider it a landmark in my life, considering i want to be a record producer, and it is my very first production effort to this standard.

Go ahead and advertise... your album is badass, good sir. Downloading it now... this is awesome.

OT, I would say my degrees... but the first two meant nothing to me; when I get my PhD, I'll feel accomplished.

Quite possibly my first kill while hunting. It's a moment I'll always remember and remember fondly. My grandfather who has since passed away was teaching me how to properly stalk prey, how to treat nature properly and the importance of making the passing of the prey as painless as possible. In the middle of his speech, a deer approached. I'd never seen that man so proud in my life... and I will always remember the camaraderie I felt with him during that moment.
When my school did Phantom of the Opera, the girl who's part I was understudy for dropped out and so they told me i had to do it. And then a couple of weeks later, 2 months before the show, they told me I was too young to do Carlotta so they got someone totally new and I had to teach her my part. Hardest thing I have ever done..... but I'm glad I did it. Not very sure why, but I'm glad
Signatureless. And this doesn't count. Because I said so.
Quote by guio/billie-joe
What is your proudest moment, the thing that whenever you think of it feel a bit better about yourself?

Not the best thing I've ever done but when I was 13 I had a friend who was having a bar mitzvah and he asked to me make a speech at it as he considered me his best friend at the time, but his mum said that we hadn't known each other long enough for me to do that, which looking back was a great decision as i had no idea how big a deal a bar mitzvah was, just thought it was gonna be a birthday party thing in front of a few people from our class so I was just going to improvise and make a joke about him or something, then when I got there on the day it was in a massive room in a 5 star hotel with around 300 family and friends there, and when the guy who replaced me made his speech he started crying and so did everyone else because it was such an emotional moment in my friends life, at that moment i experienced pure relief and whenever i think of it now i just feel so so so relieved i wasn't allowed to do it as i could potentially of ruined a big moment in his life.

Pff, typical jews.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Anyone else think it's funny that the best thing TS ever did was not giving a speech?

OT: In terms of altruism I regularly donate blood which is something everyone should do. Another time when I was pretty young my brother and I helped some father on a hiking trail realize that a grizzly bear was approaching his toddler in time for him to haul ass and get the kid out of there.
Skydive. I remember watching my friends go first and seeing them as tiny dots in the sky. Then in the plane you get to like 2000 ft and think "**** I'm going to jump out this high" then the guy showed me the altitude and I realised we over 10000 ft to go.

Sitting on the edge with your legs out thinking "what the **** am I doing?" but you overcome that and then it's amazing.

I was literally just laughing manically during the freefall because it's so fun then the peacefulness of drifting down to earth above a lake surrounded by mountains.

Can't wait to get the money to go again.
About a month ago I met some homeless kid who had run away from Virginia to Missouri. He talked to me about his time on the streets, about how he had tried crack, and how at one point some guy offered to buy him dinner in exchange for sexual favors. But after he did what the guy wanted the guy never came back with food. He wound up in the place I work because he figured he could get a truck driver to take him to his internet girlfriend's house in Colorado. I was annoyed with the kid, thought he was stupid and thought he was a prick. But I also didn't think he should be living on the streets. So I talked him into going home, called his mom and talked with her about whether or not he would be allowed to stay there, then I put him in a hotel room for three days until I got paid again so I could put him on a bus home to his mom. It makes me feel good because the kid never even said thank you and because I didn't like him at all. And it made me decide I want to go to school to do social work.

The kid is honestly retarded, though. I'm pretty sure he is legally retarded. He was very very stupid. I cannot stress that enough. He did not need to be on the streets with the 45 year old man child he was with. And the reason he ran away is pretty obvious if you get on his facebook. Girls call him ugly and/or retarded CONSTANTLY on there.
Quote by fearofthemark
doesn't bragging about it negate the good intent?

No, that's stupid. You do something good because you feel like it. Bragging about it later doesn't change that.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at May 19, 2011,
Page 1 of 2