Recently a lot of theft has been going on in my area, and i am honestly concerned about my guitars and amp. I have 5 guitars several of which are worth well over $500, I'm sure its possible, but can you insure guitars? Does anyone in the UG community insure theirs?
Quote by behind_you
Ostrich thread would've been much better.

Quote by JustRooster
Alright, alright. Whatever. Here's what I'll do. I'm an evolutionary biology major. When I graduate I'll give her all my text books for your birthday. And I won't even get her pregnant.
Your homeowners covers anything of worth that you keep inside your house. You just need to make sure that they know that you have all that equipment.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Home insurance has an article limit, if your guitars are worth more than the limit, you have to tell your insurer and pay the extra premium, or you`ll just get the limit amount - be sure to have pictures and reciepts to prove ownership.
Several guitars over $500? WOW, youd better get those insured right away, or you could lose a fortune haha
PRS Standard 22, Trans Blue
PRS Custom 24, Eriza Verde Green
Martin DC16 GTE Acoustic/Electric
Segovia Acoustic/Electric
Marshall JCM 900 Dual Reverb
Fender Princeton Chorus 212
Quote by Boer Goat
Recently a lot of theft has been going on in my area, and i am honestly concerned about my guitars and amp. I have 5 guitars several of which are worth well over $500, I'm sure its possible, but can you insure guitars? Does anyone in the UG community insure theirs?

Wait... So, they're like, what? 100 bucks a piece? 200? What'ja buy, toothpicks with strings?
Quote by L2112Lif
Wait... So, they're like, what? 100 bucks a piece? 200? What'ja buy, toothpicks with strings?

several are of them are worth $500. he didn't say "they're all worth $500" did he? pedantry fail.
Or you could go the extreme route and set traps around your equipment.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by SilverchairFan
Several guitars over $500? WOW, youd better get those insured right away, or you could lose a fortune haha

Don't take the P1ss. Depending on your income that could be a very expensive outlay after rent, food and bills.

And yes as others have said, you can normally add high value items to your Contents Insurance. In some policies items over £1000 ($1500) are not covered unless named so it's well worth checking.
Gear: Fender Custom 3 Pickup Telecaster, Fender American Std Telecaster ('10 3burst), Fender Kurt Cobain Jag, Gibson Les Paul Std ('97 Honeyburst), Orange Tiny Terror HW + PPC112, Marshall JCM-1H, Vox Night Train NT15H, Fender Champ 600.
Last edited by CarbonToe at May 20, 2011,
My gf insured her clarinet in the UK. Might be able to find similar cover where you are.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.