Hey all,

I've been learning the power chords, but I'm not exactly sure if my fingering is right. When I use my pointer finger the string is fine, but my ring finger keeps buzzing the other two regardless of force. I have a pretty big finger pad, so is this the case or am I doing this incorrectly? I know a paragraph is difficult for mechanical problems, but hopefully I'll get some tips.

Thanks.
get you finger as close to the fret as possible, if its still buzzing you may have a bit of fret buzz
Quote by knutjob
get you finger as close to the fret as possible, if its still buzzing you may have a bit of fret buzz

Its not fret buzz, because I can play it fine with individual chord playing. But I'll certainly try to make the stretch.
Make the stretch? If two frets is an issue for you this is going to be a very difficult instrument for you.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

if youre trying to play the 4th and 5th with your ring finger, which your message suggests, add your pinky to play the 4th string
Quote by knutjob
if youre trying to play the 4th and 5th with your ring finger, which your message suggests, add your pinky to play the 4th string

Yeah - trying to play Aneurysm by Nirvana and the frets are a bit large - I'll try that.

Thank you.
Quote by mcraddict81592
Make the stretch? If two frets is an issue for you this is going to be a very difficult instrument for you.

I basically just started playing too. I barely have a calluse on my fingers and haven't taken any lessons. The only thing I've formally done was play open chords. I'm buying lessons in June, so I'll hopefully get better.
dont worry, when i first started playing I found open D chords a stretch
Quote by knutjob
dont worry, when i first started playing I found open D chords a stretch

Atleast I can do those