Hey

I've been recently fiddling about with my stingray and as a result been wanting to change the pickup whilst the electronics were open and I was in the mood to do some modding.

Reason for this is that I got it cheap from a guy who did some modifications, new finish, new pickup sorta job and I don't like the sound of the pickup compared to an original, but hey, for way less than half retail price, you can't complain!

Anyway, Can anybody reccomend a decent pickup that would give a pretty good emulation of the regular stingray pup?

And by reccomendation, I'd like to know if you've used one and what your personal opinions are, just stating every model out there with no info isn't usefull, I can google that.

Thanks!
I love Prog, +1 for synth solos and songs about maggie thatcher.

Gear:

Geddy Lee Jazz (Black )
Fender Rumble 100 (It lights up )
MXR Auto-Wah (Purple... )
Boss Bass Overdrive (I can almsot sound like Chris Wolstenholme )
What pickup did he put in there? OEM Stringray electronics are fairly rare and a bit sought after.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
A Status brand pickup, it's got a nice sound but has removed a bit of that classic stingray punch I can feel in a few others I've tried. He wanted it for what he wanted to play I suppose.

And yeah, I know the situation I'm in.

If I can't get the sounds exact, just a brighter, punchier pickup would go down a treat!

Gear:

Geddy Lee Jazz (Black )
Nordstrand might be your best bet. The mm4.2 is supposed to be a pretty faithful reproduction of a pre-Ernie Ball Strinray pup. If you want all the switching options the MM pups have these days the mm4.4 would be the way to go.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
The 4.2 seems great! thanks for your help!

Gear:

Geddy Lee Jazz (Black )