Page 1 of 2
Got a new amp today said Mr. Fedex. I threw the box down the steps and eventually got time to plug it in and record/play it.

When I read shit about it I thought the amp was going to be like a sludgy stoner metal/rock kinda gainy amp. I was totally WRONG!

This amp has some tight ass saturated gain. It can almost compare to my Baron K88 but I still like that amp a little bit more.

Anyway. Here's my messy room!

And some packaging!

And some red box!

And another picture of that red box!

And the back of that red box!

And some light bulbs that came with it for whatever reason!

And!
Alright I'll shut the **** up now.

EarCandy HeadCutter

The amp has some great cleans as well as some crazy gain. If you guys are interested in hearing really nice cleans I'll do it. Just request it. I did a clip going through all the different switches playing the same riff so you get an idea of what it sounds like just with the different switches.

At the end I say "Decimator" I mean Tubescreamer sorry.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3602793/switches.mp3
Last edited by kylendm at May 19, 2011,
the amp looks really cool. I want to hear a clean demo!

edit: the distortion sounds pretty good on it. In a way it sounded like all the clips had "something" missing. The switches helped, and the tube screamer really helped. I'd like to hear a clip with the switches in different positions with the ts on. Myabe when you get it dialed in a little more you could make another clip.

Overall it sounds really good.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by InanezGuitars44 at May 19, 2011,
Yeah all the settings were at noon so it was just a straightforward clip of the amps general tone. Cleans coming up.
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
its so nice
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
I'm glad you like it Kyle.

I'm not so keen, but its probably because its not the kind of gain I like, either way, cool little amp

HNAD

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Not a baron.

Traitor!

Hnad Kyle.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
those tubes are the same as the ones that come in JCA's. i love that all they say is China.. hehe.
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by kylendm

It's just one channel.

I automatically approve of this thread.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Very nice, HNAD!
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
So ya ready to sell it to me now?

HNAD!

Gonna go listen to them clips!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by kylendm

It's just one channel.

[scoff], like you need more.

when i read that, i had a realization... i own over a dozen amps and not one of them has any channel switching (but you can 'jump' most of em). LOL, i channel is where it's at.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Earcandy makes AMPS!?!?!??!?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Nice!

I'm still hoping for proper clips with a backing track and so on though.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by gumbilicious
LOL, i channel is where it's at.

Troof.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
To teach you to play guitar rather than tapdance.

They forgot to put labels on the knobs...

lazy bastards.

take it back and tell them to finish it.
Quote by greeny23
guitar is overrated though.

yeah i gave up the guitar to play delay pedals.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Thanks guys. I'm thinking about doing a Reamp right now just so you guys can get a feel of what it sounds like in a mix. I also got a pretty good tone dialed in. Also the gain knob is backwards. All the way dimed is no gain .

If I end up really like this amp I might have Dave (BCA) install an effects loop. Still deciding. It sounds a lot better than when I did the clips. I should have sat down and did more with it before recording.

Proper clip coming!
"The HeadCutter is in our specialty category, we will not build these for just anyone. It will cost you nothing to submit your order, our lead Builder / designer will contact you personally by telephone to discuss what you are using it for and how you intend to use the specialty products line. He will then decide if we will provide the service and product. Thank you for your understanding in this matter."

did you buy the amp 2nd hand or did you convince them you are worthy?
if you did, how?
anyways, HNGD
Hey you should have Min fix that gain knob Kyle.

Edit: nice clip. that sounded heavy as hell.
Last edited by gregs1020 at May 20, 2011,
Lol it was made to be that way apparently. I don't understand why. It's just backwards.
Wont the fragile harmonics get confused????
Brand new this particular amp costs $900.

From left to right.

Gain
Volume
Treble
Bass
Middle

I am not sure at all what the switches actually do but this is what it sounds like.
The first switch seems to be a bright switch
The second switch is a mid cut switch
And the third switch sounds like a tight switch but I honestly don't know.

@greg
I dont know about the fragile harmonics but it sure as hell got me confused for the first hour.

I'm gonna do the same clip just this time using line out. Lets see how this goes.
Last edited by kylendm at May 20, 2011,
Page 1 of 2