Hi UG community, and thanks for looking. I have 0 knowledge about recording, and well I want to record. I would like to be able to record my guitar, and my vocals, at seperate times, and somehow put them in a program where I can add simulated drums, to create my own songs. I have no ideal where to start. My guitar amp has a line out for recording, and I planned on buying a microphone. What is the process here, and what kind of hardware/software will i need. Im pretty good with a pc, just have no ideal about recording. Any help is greatly appreciated. And please don't think you could say something I might already know, because I dont..
Thanks again
Quote by AeolianSeventh
Maybe there are gnomes in your air conditioning vents using out-of-phase parabolic speakers to deaden vibrations from a distance.
As far as software I would download reaper. It has an unlimited trial.
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans
I don't know about Audacity. I haven't actually seen it in about ten years. But people often complain about how limited the features are. Reaper, on the other hand, seems to be universally loved by people who use it.

I have no experience with it myself, but a guy I know from another forum who has worked with the likes of Sheryl Crow, Gin Blossoms and Megadeth swears by Reaper as his program of choice. Given his credibility, that's good enough for me.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Here you go:

Focusrite Saffire 6
Audio Technica AT2020 for Vocals, rooms & such
Don't even bother micing your amp, use free VST amp sims
Download Reaper for recording software
Get Addictive Drums for your drums

Anyone disagree?
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
Here you go:

Focusrite Saffire 6
Audio Technica AT2020 for Vocals, rooms & such
Don't even bother micing your amp, use free VST amp sims
Download Reaper for recording software
Get Addictive Drums for your drums

Anyone disagree?

Thank you sir. I just have one more question, would I need any special sound card or any other actual pc hardware?
Quote by AeolianSeventh
Maybe there are gnomes in your air conditioning vents using out-of-phase parabolic speakers to deaden vibrations from a distance.
Quote by cooper1965
Thank you sir. I just have one more question, would I need any special sound card or any other actual pc hardware?

Nope, thats what the Saffire 6 is for
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp