Ok Im going to order a full set of tubes for my mesa series1 rectoverb in the next few days from thetubestore.com.
My question is they offer the sevice of buying matched section preamp tubes is there any point of doing this?
I plan on buying 5 electro harmonix 12AX7-EH there on sale for $9.95 regular are $12.95 and if i choose to have them matched they add $5 dollars per tube so instead of paying $9.95 a tube id be paying $14.95 a tube.
So is it worth it to have them matched or just a waste of money??

I wont be logged in much longer today Ill be back on tomorrow morning so any help/ feedback about this is appreciated.

And just for anyone wondering Im putting TAD 6L6GC-STR power tubes in the rov
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Last edited by slipknot_420 at May 19, 2011,
Ive had better luck with sovtek brand tubes, but whatever you like go with... that being said, ive always been told that tubes are like brakes on your car...when you change one you change em all, and that advice has always worked for me...the other thing is to consider why you are changing them...are you sure their worn out or is their another issue, possible some worn solder joints or something of that nature...if it was me i'd determine if i for sure needed those new tubes and if i do just buy the entire set...good luck
Preamp tubes don't need to be matched. You can put whatever brand you want in each slot.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by AcousticMirror
make sure you tell them the power tubes are for a mesa.

Yea I know about that thanks!
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by InanezGuitars44
Preamp tubes don't need to be matched. You can put whatever brand you want in each slot.

Yea I know this but there explanation of it makes it sound good lol.
This is the link to there explanation of the benefits of it.
http://thetubestore.com/triodematching.html
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
And some pedals

PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by MannyO'Houlihan
Ive had better luck with sovtek brand tubes, but whatever you like go with... that being said, ive always been told that tubes are like brakes on your car...when you change one you change em all, and that advice has always worked for me...the other thing is to consider why you are changing them...are you sure their worn out or is their another issue, possible some worn solder joints or something of that nature...if it was me i'd determine if i for sure needed those new tubes and if i do just buy the entire set...good luck

First off^What dude^ lol
The amps in pristine working condition better than new.
I am changing all the tubes the tubes in it are in gwo still, but Im going to retube it and keep the old tubes as backups/ spares.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
And some pedals

PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by slipknot_420
Yea I know this but there explanation of it makes it sound good lol.

For audio systems that have one amp for the left channel and one amp for the right channel, this sounds barely plausible. Even then I'm not sure how many people will be able to tell the difference.

For a guitar amp, this sounds a little like snake skin oil.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at May 20, 2011,