TO ANY STAFF: Please close this thread as I have had my questions answered the best I feel I can get. Thank you.

Alright, I'm wanting to buy a Matt Tuck Signature Jackson.

I see new prices for ~$1,300 which includes a hardshell case.
However, I am also seeing prices ~$800 for a used one.

My question is, which would be better to buy? I have never bought a brand new guitar. Everything I own is pre-owned. I also have heard that there is lots of glory in buying a used guitar, because the fretboard is already broken in.

I would like your guy's opinion on this.

Oh, and I'm fairly new to guitar playing (a year and a few months) so I don't really know about the inner workings (good pickups, and such) so if you start talking about that, please explain it in a fairly simple way.

Rock on, people.

EDIT: Rahh. So many questions. Yes, I am dead set on this model. I love Bullet. I have loved their music since I first heard their Hand Of Blood album. And besides, the guitar is B.A. As for the amp, I use a Line 6 Spider III 75Watt clean with a Digitech DF-7.

EDIT2: My budget is $1400. A big city near me is Terre Haute, IN or Evansville, IN. Amp is mentioned above. And I will be playing mostly BFMV covers while writing my own stuff (80's/90's Metal and Metalcore)
Last edited by Beastly409 at May 19, 2011,
well id definetly buy a used one since its so much cheaper, just make sure its in good condition and is worth the money
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
There are a lot better guitars out there than Matt's [rather overpriced] signature model.

How much is your budget, what is a big city near yout, what you'll be playing on that guitar, and what amp you will be using? This will help me and everyone else who decides to help a lot in finding you a better guitar.
If your set on that guitar i would look for it used. You say your new to guitar playing though so I have to ask what amp are you using?

Also, I noticed your sig and I'm wondering are you buying this guitar because you like it or because you like the guy who plays it? If so, have you tried out other guitars in this price range? You may find one you like better because you really shouldn't buy a guitar just because of the person it's made for. Not to call you out or anything man just trying to help.
Quote by wolvenrick
I think black doom death metal is just plain stupid. go flame on me but i can't hear nothing but shit on those songs with everything in drop A or below. also it could've been without lyrics as you'd never hear them anyway.
Last edited by chrisg7 at May 19, 2011,
If you buy a new one, it will be used the moment you walk out the door and you've just effectively spent $1300 on a guitar that is now worth $800.
Quote by al112987
If you buy a new one, it will be used the moment you walk out the door and you've just effectively spent $1300 on a guitar that is now worth $800.

Whatever you're smoking, please stop.

I know that the guitar's price will drop as soon as I take one step out the door. It's like pulling off a lot with a new car, the value goes down.
Quote by Beastly409
Whatever you're smoking, please stop.

I know that the guitar's price will drop as soon as I take one step out the door. It's like pulling off a lot with a new car, the value goes down.

Are you going to insult the people trying to help you or answer our questions and allow us to help you?
Quote by wolvenrick
I think black doom death metal is just plain stupid. go flame on me but i can't hear nothing but shit on those songs with everything in drop A or below. also it could've been without lyrics as you'd never hear them anyway.
Get the one you want and if you can get it used for a better price, why not if it's what you want
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I am quite the Bullet fan myself, but really: instead copying them, why not get your own style in covering them? Further more, the guitar could be great, but if you want a better sound, you're better off just buying a rather cheaper guitar (800$ max -> use the rest for an amp) and then buying a proper amp. You'll be way happier, trust me!
Gear:

Guitars:
LTD Viper 100FM
Ibanez RG320PG P2 (For sale*)
Ibanez RGA32 (w/ IronGear pups)
Epiphone Pro-1

Amps:
Vox VT15
or
Vox Tonelab EX
- through -
Peavey KB-300

* = PM me for more details

Quote by Willowthewitch

The actual correct answer
Quote by Beastly409
I didn't think that was an insult. I could have been very rude to him. He was stating something very obvious, which is rather annoying.

Ok then, will you answer the questions stated in my previous post??????
Seriously dude you just flat-out ignored the questions I asked you...
Quote by wolvenrick
Quote by Beastly409
@Somekid94

I did answer your questions. Read the edited post.

@chrisg7

I do want some help but if you're just going to state the obvious, then you're of no help at all.

Well your still being very rude but I'll help you anyway seeing as you answered my questions in the edit you made.

Were asking you lots of questions so that you will make a purchase you won't regret in a year or two when your more experienced

You should absolutely upgrade your amp first but if you have $1400 to spend I say split it between amp/guitar like 800/600, which will give you a lot of options.

Do you know what kind of specs your looking for in a guitar? If not then go to the nearest music store and play all the guitars you can in the $1000 range and see which you like the best, as you can probably find one used for around 600 if you look hard enough.

As far as amps go you have a lot of options with that budget, you could probably find a used 5150 or engl of some sort.

edit: in all honesty though, if you still care more about the fact that your favorite musician uses a certain guitar (to be honest he likely doesnt use that exact model, he probably uses a jackson usa custom shop model with the same specs which is of much higher quality) than the actual quality of the instrument, you should not be spending that much money.

If i were you, i would get yourself a nice tube amp for now, and then later on when your more experienced and know what your looking for in a guitar, buy a new one.
Quote by wolvenrick
Quote by chrisg7
Well your still being very rude but I'll help you anyway seeing as you answered my questions in the edit you made.

Were asking you lots of questions so that you will make a purchase you won't regret in a year or two when your more experienced

You should absolutely upgrade your amp first but if you have $1400 to spend I say split it between amp/guitar like 800/600, which will give you a lot of options.

Do you know what kind of specs your looking for in a guitar? If not then go to the nearest music store and play all the guitars you can in the $1000 range and see which you like the best, as you can probably find one used for around 600 if you look hard enough.

As far as amps go you have a lot of options with that budget, you could probably find a used 5150 or engl of some sort.

I'm sorry if I appeared rude. Also, My current budget is $50. However, I will be coming into money in March. (Yeah, I know.) So, thank you for all your answers. I will definitely shop around before buying something.
Quote by Beastly409
I'm sorry if I appeared rude. Also, My current budget is $50. However, I will be coming into money in March. (Yeah, I know.) So, thank you for all your answers. I will definitely shop around before buying something.

march as in march 2012 if so youve got a lot of time to make up your mind man haha, but definitely upgrade your amp...if you havent noticed line 6 spiders are pretty much universally hated on these forums (and rightfully so)

maybe you could sell your spider and df-7 and buy a peavey vypyr or something for now?
Quote by wolvenrick
you may want to play it first to make sure you like it....I know your set on it..but at least like it before you buy it....Otherwise you'll end uup spending $1200 on a guitar you dont enjoy...jus' my 2 cents...
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Quote by al112987

This guy actually knows what's up. Even though all guitars lose value when used, signature guitars lose a ton more value when used. Most used alexi 600's can be found for $600 or even less (mine was $500, with a case), and they cost around $1000 new. Most guitars that are around $1000 new cost around $700 ish when they're used.

TL;DR Get is used!
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Quote by Beastly409
I didn't think that was an insult. I could have been very rude to him. He was stating something very obvious, which is rather annoying.
I'm so sorry for being annoying. I hope you accept my sincerest apology. I'll just shut up next time instead of making your life more difficult.
Last edited by al112987 at May 19, 2011,
@ al112987
Thank you, Mr. Sarcastic.

@simpleben09
Thanks for your input. I'll probably end up buying one used.

@chrisg7
I like the Line 6 okay because it's got some presets and I'm not too good at finding the right tone. I may sell it, if a Vypyr seems reasonable. But I'm keeping the DF-7 because I have it channeled perfectly for BFMV, Metallica, and Nirvana, depending on the model I set it to. Thanks for your input, bro.
i wouldn't get a matt tuck signature. you seem to think BFMV are some sort of musical geniuses which is probably just a phase that you're going through, until your musical taste/skill becomes better and you realise they arent that good at all.
I wouldn't buy a signature guitar if I was you dude. Personally I would do what others are saying and split your budget, get a decent guitar and a decent amp. Or if you're set on getting a new guitar, you could get like an ESP Eclipse or even just an EC-1000 which are probably better than the Matt Tuck sig. Signature guitars are way overpriced IMO.
Quote by Beastly409
@ al112987
Thank you, Mr. Sarcastic.
No offense, but before you jump down someone's throat next time for giving you an "obvious" answer, you should probably consider that you are asking a question with an obvious answer. What are you expecting to hear? That the used one is a better deal? Of course it's a better deal, it's $500 less for the same fucking guitar. You gain nothing tangible from buying a guitar new, except the knowledge that you are the first person to own it. I would've thought THAT was obvious.
I read your opening post.

No need to answer your question you have your answers.

Reported.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb