Sorry, if this is in the wrong area. I couldn't find a place where this might go because it's not specific to one genre...

Anyway, are there any long songs (6+ minutes) that you enjoy playing simply because it's a longer song? Sorry, if this question is confusing... For example, I love playing Dance of Death by Iron Maiden (8 and a half minutes) and Holy Wars... The Punishment Due by Megadeth (6 and a half) because they are long but not really repetitive and I like the challenge of tempo changes, key changes, etc.

I also enjoy playing Powerslave in its entirety on bass.

So, pit, anyone have longer songs or albums that you enjoy playing?
I like M.I.A. on Avenged Sevenfold's City of Evil album. I don't know if I like it because it's long, I just like the song.

Oh, and Blindfolds Aside by Protest the Hero
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Hurricane by Bob Dylan. Just need to learn the verses O_O
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Yes, on the piano. Currently learning Metamorphosis 2 by Philip Glass right now, it's about 7 minutes long and fun to play.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I don't really play whole songs on by myself or with backing tracks anymore, but I used to do it a lot a few years ago and used to test my stamina and chops every few months playing to a Freebird backing track and improving a solo non-stop for the 6 mins until the track ended.
Well, i managed to learn half of Colors by BTBAM (a 1 1/2hour album thats one song), love playing Maidens long epic songs, Arch Enemys Bridge Of Destiny is also very fun
Every longer Metallica song is so much fun to me. As for albums, Songs for the Deaf by Queens of the Stone Age on bass.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
2112 by Rush. The best part is that there is guitar all the way through, so you don't get bored. Tons of sweet riffs and solo sections too, it's 20 mins but goes by fast.
6 miutes? Pshh. The Leper Affinity by Opeth is possibly the coolest song ever written. I love playing Prequel to the Sequel by Between the Buried and me, not nearly good enough for most of the rest of Colors... Trying to get down Machine Head's Clenching the Fists of Dissent now too.
I don't consider 6 minutes "long" but longer than average. A lot of the music I listen to is way over that time. Iron Maiden's newer stuff, Opeth, Dream Theater, Avenged Sevenfold, Mastodon, etc.

I really wish I had the patience to learn Ghost Reveries by Opeth. Such a great album.
I'm used to songs clocking in at under 2 minutes, some 3 minutes, but 4 minute or more feels like ages to me.
learned Rossetta Stoned by Tool at 11 and a half minutes. Not really a difficult song to learn just remembering all the parts and what comes next is a bitch
Quote by Thrill-house
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.

Quote by Dopemgs

P.S: You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome

Quote by PsiGuy60
PS. To Conor:
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.
[/desperateattempttogetsigged]
"Cunoaşterea Tăcută" by Negură Bunget is a fun one, especially since I learned it by ear (which wasn't easy).
sunbather is shit
i rarely ever write any songs that are under 6 minutes. long songs are nice if they're not repetitive generally. but out of all the songs i know that are more than 6 minutes, i rarely ever play any of them in their entirety.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Sleep's Dopesmoker, it's long and I don't know all of it but it's a super fun song to jam to.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
One of the bands I play with is working on a 10 minute long song. Its basically 3 parts at this point. Two parts are more old school metallica and in the middle is this giant Pink Floyd/Tool mellow break with dueling guitars, heavy organ solo and shit. Its fun since I'm switching between guitar solos then hopping over to keys to do some crazy shit.

Also, anything Pink Floyd is awesome
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by Kensai
Yes, on the piano. Currently learning Metamorphosis 2 by Philip Glass right now, it's about 7 minutes long and fun to play.

I knew a guy at my high school who would always play that which is cool because I like Philip Glass but then again it wasn't cool because that was the only song he would ever play.

Sometimes I like putting on a live album where the performers jam for extended periods and joining in the jamming fun myself.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
I learned all of Halo (Machine Head) at some point. It's 9 minutes long, IIRC, but I've since returned my guitars to standard, so I've forgotten most of it due to not playing it in months.

I sometimes play Rime of the Ancient Mariner (Iron Maiden) straight through, that's like 13 and a half minutes.

When I first got my guitar, I learned Black Sabbath's Paranoid album all the way through. I would play it cover to cover, about 45 minutes. I still remember everything but the solos (so most of Planet Caravan and Rat Salad ), and bits of Hand of Doom.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm