Hey, I am having a tough time making a decision right now on something important and I just want some peoples opinions on it. I have a decision for it in my mind (I'm not asking someone else to make the decision for me) right now, but just want to see what people say so I can weigh out any extra pro's or con's I may have missed.

So, I am stuck between the choice of going to university or take a victory lap. But theres a catch... I am going for this Bmusic program (bachelor of music) on classical guitar. I already auditioned and unfortunately I didn't make it to the Bmus, but they transferred me to a BA music (bachelor of the arts). They are the EXACT same except I have to pay around $1800 for private lessons with the BA while I get them free with the Bmus, and with the Bmus I am granted automatic admission to teachers college - where instead it's all luck on whether I get into teachers college with the BA (its hard to get into). I am ultimately aiming to get into Bmus so I plan on re auditioning.

I am told I can go to university and take this program (BA), and then re audition next year for the Bmus (having to take all the courses while I try and practice classical guitar so I can nail the audition the following year).

OR

I can take a victory lap (grade 13) which would have a much less intense work load, giving me time to really just play guitar non-stop to get really good and totally destroy the audition next year.

Just want an opinion on what someone thinks is the better option. I am grade 12 right now (17 years old) if that affects anything...

Thanks!
It sounds like you know what you want to do, and the Bmus course seems like the better way of doing it, so I would say take the grade 13, but make sure you still take some relatively hard courses, or else you will get lazy when it comes time for university work (trust me, its hard to get back into doing real schoolwork when you haven't for a year or more). Then just practice your ass off in your spare time and see what happens. you will still be in the same place next year if you don't pass your audition again, but you wont have wasted money on the lesser course.

just my two cents, do whatever you think is right.
victory lap. do the less intense shit and practice guitar so you can destroy the audition next year.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
There's truthfully no shame in taking a victory lap. Sure you may be one year behind your buddies, but I believe it's worth it to get into Bmus. I'm almost finished my victory lap, and all I took really was a couple of sciences, English for a second time (to get a better mark) and co-op.

But truthfully, talk to a guidance teacher and ask them for their opinion, as they (should) have a more concrete answer for you. Good Luck!
Last edited by BassDudeHT at May 19, 2011,
Quote by Acoustic FX
I didn't make it to the Bmus, but they transferred me to a BA music (bachelor of the arts). They are the EXACT same except I have to pay around $1800 for private lessons with the BA while I get them free with the Bmus, and with the Bmus I am granted automatic admission to teachers college - where instead it's all luck on whether I get into teachers college with the BA (its hard to get into). I am ultimately aiming to get into Bmus so I plan on re auditioning.

Why do you have to pay $1800 for private lessons?

And I'm sorry but getting into teacher's college is not all luck. Let's try to have a little more faith in our educational institutions shall we?

If I was you, I would go to university this year. Sometimes universities are harsher towards people who re-apply. If you apply once you're in their system and have already done well in your first year, they will probably be more likely to take you into Bmus. Also a lot of the time people lose motivation where they're on own and have to make their own schedule entirely. I believe that being in the university would help keep your eye on the prize so to speak. My 2 cents.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
victory lapdance
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial