I have owned for a year but rarely ever used it. I have noticed tho it has major humming coming threw when I do use it, how can I get rid of it because it's really annoying?
Well it's because of the high gain. You will need a noise gate.
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans
Is it a low frequency hum or is it more of a white noise in the background? White noise is common with high-gain pedals, especially with the cheap ones. The hum may be to do with your pickups. Does your guitar have single coils or humbuckers?
I have a Jackson js32t guitar, it was like $300 if you want to look it up. I don't think it's a low hum I believe it's probably a high hum, let me plug it in an I'll see exactly what it sound's like. Also can you guy's suggest me a good medal's pedal that is not real exspensive.
Quote by Austin174
I have a Jackson js32t guitar, it was like $300 if you want to look it up. I don't think it's a low hum I believe it's probably a high hum, let me plug it in an I'll see exactly what it sound's like. Also can you guy's suggest me a good medal's pedal that is not real exspensive.

Just got a EHX Metal Muff. Sounds amazing for the kind of metal I play (think Black Sabbath to Dethklok, including Metallica and Megadeth). Not very expensive at all.
Ok. Well it's not a low hum it is more of a high hum, like a scratchy or staticky high hum that I can hear even when I'm playing I can still here it. I will check that pedal out as well, as I am wanting a pedal or pedal's that will give me a metalcore feel or sound.
Quote by Austin174
Also can you guy's suggest me a good medal's pedal that is not real exspensive.

Does not compute.

What amp are not playing through? The amp makes all the difference and can make a pedal some worse than it actually is.

That said, the best youll get with a low budget for metalcore would have to be the railhead tua
Well right now I have a Peavey Vyper 15w modeling amp, but I'm looking to get something a lil bigger an better.
You really don't need a distortion pedal with that. It has more than enough gain on its own.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Alright an yes I think you are right it does have more then enough for how small the amp is.
Could some one explain why it would humming though. I mean why would it hum thee my amp, but I see people with head's an cab's using this an it don't hum at all.
Quote by Austin174
Could some one explain why it would humming though. I mean why would it hum thee my amp, but I see people with head's an cab's using this an it don't hum at all.

Fragment (consider revising)
mojostompboxes.com
You may have a damaged pedal. Did it always make that hum? Have it looked at.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Yes it alway's had the hum even when I bought it new. I was looking at amp's an I seen the Peavey VK112 combo amp, so I might just not worry about the pedal an buy that amp instead.
Quote by oneblackened
You really don't need a distortion pedal with that. It has more than enough gain on its own.

thumbs up to that statement. peavey is pretty solid with their distortions. if there is a 6505 setting on the vypyr (considering ive never played one but assume there is)
try that . its the closest youll get to a metalcore tone considering most metalcore bands use 6505/5150(+/II) amps ie: mychildren mybride, for today , august burns red, the devil wears prada.

when you can afford it try upping to a better amp such as the roland cube series, and eventually something that is balls to the wall such as a bugera combo.

but distortion pedals are just a waste of money unless your using one to boost your signal (such as a ibanez tube screamer)
-----------------------------------------------
--The GEAR--
Horizon Devices - Precision Drive
AMT D2 Preamp
Boss TU-2
Boss- CS 2
BBE- Green SCREAMER
ESP,LTD MH- 250 NT ,
fitted with SEYMORE DUNCAN NAZGUL AND SENTIENT
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote by Austin174

as for the humming ( and alot of new artists makes this mistake..) make sure your using an instrument cable and not a speaker cable.
-----------------------------------------------
--The GEAR--
Horizon Devices - Precision Drive
AMT D2 Preamp
Boss TU-2
Boss- CS 2
BBE- Green SCREAMER
ESP,LTD MH- 250 NT ,
fitted with SEYMORE DUNCAN NAZGUL AND SENTIENT
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Am i going to be the only one to break the news? it's a shite pedal. shitty workmanship, shitty eq and no gain control.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
If you're running the pedal into a high gain amp model, the hum is due to the 2 stage amplification of background noise.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
This is common with those kinds of pedals. Get a noise gate, a Boss NS-2 will do the trick.
I've read about mods for the DOD Death Metal. One is replacing the transitors in it for one of better quality. The other is a gain control mod. I've been planning on doing these to my DOD Death Metal pedal for a while now, just never found the time.
..I was watching my death.